Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-11-2004, 09:06 AM   #11
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

drink whiskey J/K it will make it hurt worse [img]tongue.gif[/img] but do as suggested, the warm salt water does help, I use it alot when I have a sore throat, also...do you still have your tonstles?(SP?) if so, they could be inflamed, not much to worry about then unless it does not go away. [img]smile.gif[/img] hope you feel better [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2004, 09:11 AM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hope you're feeling better D*Ranged, but if you aren't, do see a doctor. Sounds painful, whatever it is!
Old 08-11-2004, 04:22 PM   #13
Matina
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I hope you get to feeling better. The last time my throat hurt that way I had mono and strept throat which took like 2 months to heal up. My throat just hurt really bad, but I was well otherwise. So I hope you get to feeling better. Drink a lot of water. It sounds like you had an interesting night. Maybe someday things will get back to normal. (whatever you consider your norm). Have a good day
Old 08-11-2004, 04:34 PM   #14
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

I don't know what you're talking about Stormy!

Whiskey is good medicine for what ails ya in my book!

Seriously though, ibuprofen in the 600-800 mg range works wonders on sore throat pain. Take some Benadryl and a little hot toddy or other warm strong alchoholic beverage before sleeping. A hot compress under a scarf on the throat also helps.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:47 PM   #15
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by D*Ranged:
Hey, thanks guys.

Ya, it HURTS when I can't even swallow my spit cos my throat hurts soooooo bad...i CAN tolerate speaking but hell, the swallowing food and drink bit HURTS like hell...but then I may have to try Aerich's suggestion...but MAN!!! I feel like puking... [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]
Certainly sends like a nice case of strep throat. Then again, I'm no doctor, but if it is, you'll be wanting some anti-biotics quickly before it gets out of control.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:46 AM   #16
D*Ranged

A short update...
My throat makesit a labour even to speak (apart from whisper) and Im often floored. Lemsip Lozenge doesnt help me with jack (and the Lemsip max sachet helps not much more).

I will go to a doctor tomorrow and get prescription (I have not renewed my community services card...) and rest until next monday at least.
Walking can be a very hard labour (especially uphill) and I cant seem to swallow anything without hurting myself. I WILL gargle with warm saltwater though, and keep taking lozenges and sachets and try to get rests.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:16 AM   #17
SecretMaster
Apophis

Well get to a Doctor ASAP. Furthermore, don't overuse the medicine. If it isn't doing anything to begin with, taking more might not make it better, in fact, it can get worse. And please when you find out a diagnosis, do tell.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:55 AM   #18
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

I didn't mean to imply you shouldn't see a doctor of course. I was assuming you had a standard viral cold. Bacterial infections can be quite dangerous and a throat culture should be done to determine if antibiotics (the miracle drugs) will help.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:53 AM   #19
D*Ranged

Still a bit sore, but got MUCH better after lending a herbal tea from a flatmate.

Hot/warm drinks helps A LOT.
I will NOT take lozenges any more, they have proven to be a wasteof time and energy (to suck).
Also saltwater gargle made it better (BUT DAMN!!! It hurt a first few times...)

Anyways, thanks guys.