Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

View Poll Results: Ok 'fess up time!
Um....clean..yah.. uh what's that? Can I put it in the sink? 7 21.21%
Well, I have a can of air...I think...someplace......and I opened the case up once, but the dustballs and cat hair scared me away. 4 12.12%
Every time I think of it, which is a few times a year. 15 45.45%
Routinely 2 6.06%
Other 5 15.15%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2004, 11:49 PM   #11
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

I have a laptop so I only have to give it a quick wipe every once in a while, and keep it closed whenever I'm not using it. I could never go back to a desktop - they're so bulky, heavy, and dirty compared to what I have.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:54 PM   #12
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

My laptop... never. I really don't fancy opening it up.

The various desktops around here... whenever the mood strikes. Which is usually when I'm in the middle of upgrading something (like I'm going to be doing here shortly) and I happen to notice any dust buildup.

I do believe, however, that cleaning is only good if you get the dust *out*. If all you do is push it into more electrical stuff, cleaning it can be worse than leaving it alone. So in my mind, it almost becomes a disassembly routine -- take card out, clean it, reseat it, repeat...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:57 PM   #13
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Once every two months.
Though it is due to be done this month,
I have put it off a few days...
Old 09-14-2004, 12:13 AM   #14
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

When do I clean my computer? Easy, when my dad eventually starts messing around with it, he gets that annoyed look in his eye and then I get the lecture about how much crap is in my tower [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2004, 12:52 AM   #15
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

A clean PC is a happy PC. Quarterly at the laziest, bi-monthly is more to the liken.

I build customs, so all of mine have the quick thumb screws, slid off panels etc.. I do the PSU twice a year. CAUTION, if you don't know anything about a PSU, don't touch it, read the warning label and believe it that it contains high voltage.

[ 09-14-2004, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: Felix The Assassin ]

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:47 AM   #16
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

My computer case isusually open, and is regularly cleaned.
I cant stand a dusty computer.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:09 AM   #17
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

My pc well about every 3 months I crack the case and hit it with compressed air while useing a vaccume hose in the other hand to get out all the nasty crap.The laptop on the other hand scares me enough (because of small parts)that I try to prevent it from getting dust and vaccume the keyboard but have never actually opened the case.
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightful place as master of all I survey.

Play games win prizes completely free. http://teet.net/af/bd395b7216
So far I've won an 8gb ipod nano and an acer inspire netbook
Old 09-14-2004, 02:31 AM   #18
Jorath Calar
Harper

once every 3-4 months... will do it tonight when I put my new graphic card in... yey... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2004, 04:01 AM   #19
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

A nice Thermaltake Case with the Fan Filters means you hardly ever need to clean it. I run Thermaltake V1000A's on my PC's and save from the back two fans which do not come with filters, all of them are just fine. All I do is purchase another two filters for the back fans and we're in business. This still doesn't ensure that ALL dust stays outside but means that I can just clean the filters once every couple of months and use compressed air on the inside once a year. Considering I upgrade every few months or so, it's alway spanking clean in there.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:12 AM   #20
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I never cleaned the old computer and we had to take it back to the people who made it once to fix something. When they opened it they were like "OMG your PC is filthy!!" I was like..."ok?" lol. Now I use the laptop...I don't wanna open it [img]tongue.gif[/img]