Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 10:32 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

(See my post at the bottom of this thread) I fixed it I believe!!!

The 'Arnaden' Hakpak isn't working correctly. I went to make some new rings, and other items, and only STOCK images for the rings showed up--not even the CEP additions were gone. same for cloaks, amulets and other stuff.

SO.... I need to apologize profusely for making everyone download that Hakpak. I did a load of tests on it, and it LOOKED so perfect. Sorry guys.

DO NOT DELETE THIS HAKPAK JUST YET.. I may find a way for it to work!!!

Here is what I plan to do: (if I cannot get it to work)

There were some things in that Hak that I didn't need (I didn't compile it) so what I am going to do is pick my FAVORITE and BEST hak's out there, and compile them into CEP and try it out for a long test, and make sure its working before I even allow a download. Plus, the download will be much smaller, so that is better. What I want to add for SURE is the following:

NEW DOORS
New Sewer Tileset
Dwarven Halls Tileset
A few other tilesets
Displacer Beast
Crystal Golems
Some other secret stuff.

Sound cool? I will simply rip out all the 'Arnaden' Hakpak stuff--only the Gauntlet level has a few new doors added and 2 monsters from it, so I can rip them out (strip the level) and I will replace those few things with CEP stuff until I figure out which new hak I want.

This won't put but maybe a days delay on the release of the Gauntlet release.

[ 08-30-2004, 06:52 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 08-29-2004, 11:45 PM   #2
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I was so looking forward to all that new stuff too. What a bummer for you. well, we have faith in you and all I can say is "HURRY UP and fix it!! LOL
Old 08-30-2004, 05:01 AM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Same here! BUT There is a LOAD of HOPE here guys.. I am dissecting the Hak and finding out what is messing with the CEP stuff. (Hell, I even tried to move the haks to the bottom of the 'hakpak resource' area, and it half works, but half isn't gonna cut it. I want this mod to be 100% stable, and have only the BEST stuff in it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I may just grab hakpak's I like, and monsters I need and stuff, and compile them all into a larger hakpak to download. (I'm also thinking of the future release of EfU for download)--which will have custom made hakpaks made 100% by me! (Loading screens, and carpets..items and such. Not tilesets or anything hard like that).

I'll keep you updated on this daily as I work on it. (Been working on this ALL day today--grabbing new hakpaks that have mostly the same stuff in them (some more, some less) and gonna try to mess with them, and/or edit the current one you downloaded and see if I can get it to work.

Old 08-30-2004, 05:11 AM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Wow... Update after 6 minutes!

I went into the Hakpak, using NWN's nwnhak.exe in the util folder, and removed the itembase.xxx file (something base) but it's for ITEMS, and this hak doesn't need that except for something I don't need) and IT WORKED!

Now.. I won't say 100% until I test it a LOT more, because I don't want you to have to re-download yet another messed up hak. But so far, all monsters, and all CEP items are showing up.

I will check every nook of every addition and make sure, down to creature skins and claws, that this works--and I test it online.

Developing........

Old 08-30-2004, 06:07 AM   #5
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Sweet thats great to hear Z, I know that you put a lot of blood sweat and tears into this mod.

I have a strong feeling that once this mod is realeased as a download it will head straight to the top of the vault.

BTW I was wandering around level 12 today thinking I havn't seen a draco lich yet in Undermountain. Boy did I find one quickly. Havn't been in that area of 12 before. Looking forward to buffing up and heading back there!
Old 08-30-2004, 06:51 AM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

[img]smile.gif[/img] Cool! Yeah, he is actually from the Novel "Spellfire". An old Ed Greenwood Novel. [img]smile.gif[/img] (His name is from that book atleast). Little 'nods' to MANY of the FR novels in EfU. [img]smile.gif[/img]

PS: EVERYONE: I have fixed that HAKPAK I believe. The baseitems.2da file in the hakpak was messed up. I simply removed it, since it is the same as the CEP version, and saved it. The CEP hakpak HAS this file, so it'll take precedence over this new hak. baseitems.2da is simply kinda like a text file, that lists all the items like swords--and their images and links them to 'em. It was outta whack, so that is why the images didn't show up.

I think I saved us a load of trouble, but I will be continuing to test every facet of this Hakpak before you gotta redownload it (Yep, even that small change requires a download). (It's the smaller hak, so theres no worry there)

I'll post back when I finish testing tonight. I gotta go to sleep now!! Been up all night working on this. LOL!!

BTW, that original Hakpak ZIP/RAR you downloaded had 2 hakpak's in it. One was huge, the other 8Mb. Well, the 8Mb one was the one needed fixing. So I zipped it, and it's only 700Kb!! LOL!!!! So when I finish testing, it'll be SUPER FAST to download. Thank god! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-30-2004, 06:56 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

Old 08-30-2004, 10:50 PM   #7
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I new you would figure it out fast, even one day is very fast. You just like to freek us all out and say the HAK is doomed. LOL
I would of loved to have been a fly on the wall at your house while you were looking for the fix on the Hak Pak. Smoke coming out your ears and steam blowing out your nose as your fingers typed at a frantic rate tring to find the problem and at the same time recording you on video so we could play it back here at fast foward. lol
Closed Thread