Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 08-15-2003, 12:35 PM   #1
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I took my Wizard/Rogue from NWN into Undermountain yesterday. I also ran him through my "mini-Mod" to give him a couple of extra levels for EoU. Everything worked fine and he got some nice equipment from Durnan. Then I tried to Import him back into my NWN game and got the message that he was rejected because he had items not allowed by server. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Alright, I admit that trying to sneak the Staff of Power into the end of Chapter One may be a bit extreme, but ya can't blame a guy for trying.

I realize I will have to drop or lose several of his items before returning to Chapter One, but could there also be a problem with my levels? He was 7(W)/1(R) when I left and is now 8/3. Will that work, or are those levels too high also?
Old 08-15-2003, 01:22 PM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You can easily fix this by doing 2 things:

1. Playing your OC as a multi game (click on multiplayer) and tick off the Item Level Restrictions box. You can play your singleplayer game as a multi game if you want. You may want to put a password on your server though, just so other people don't drop in.

OR..

2. Put this line under "Game Options" in your nwplayer.ini file in your main NWN folder:

Single Player ItemLevelRestrictions=0

That'll fix your problem. Levels have nothing to do with it - you can start the NWN OC at Level 20 if you wanted to. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 03:16 PM   #3
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Yeah, it's not levels, I have started NWN Chapter 1 with an 18th level Paladin. (Long story)
Old 08-18-2003, 10:43 AM   #4
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Thanks for the tips, Memnoch. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Inserting the code didn't work for some reason, but "turning off" the Item Level Restriction did. [img]graemlins/yippee.gif[/img] Not only did this allow me to bring in my character at slightly higher levels, my henchman {Daelan Red Tiger} had no problem with the "new, improved version" and did NOT go hostile. So we proceeded to clean out Meldanen's Keep and sent the sorcerer running off with his tail between his legs (I'm NG, so I didn't kill him).

I also ran into an odd bug Saturday night when I was prepared to enter Meldanen's Keep for the first time. I put the SoU CD in the CD Drive, clicked "PLAY" on the menu, only to get a message telling me to insert the SoU CD. Now, I've gotten this message a few times when I try to start NWN from the shortcut on my desktop. For some reason, it doesn't recognise that the CD is already in. I've managed to get around this by simply popping the CD drive out and back in and having the game boot up from the disk itself. But that wouldn't work Saturday night. [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] I spent about 45 minutes trying everything I could think of. I cleaned the CD (even though I couldn't see any obvious fingerprints or smudges). I turned my PC off and re-started it. NOTHING WORKED!!! [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

To make a long story short, I had to make a trip to the local Wal-Mart to get a new copy. I then put the bad copy in the box, along with the extra booklet into the box and went back to get a refund on my money. The girl at the service desk gave me a little hassle, but her supervisor overrode her objections and refunded my money.

So I am back up and running. [img]graemlins/yippee.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/yippee.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/yippee.gif[/img]

I returned the final reagent to Aribeth and went in to watch the process for creating the cure. I also spoke to the four "principal" characters and realized right away that Helmite priest, Desther, was up to no good. I wasn't surprised when my suspicions were confirmed, so now I'm off to deal out a little payback.