Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-05-2001, 01:59 AM   #11
Drake
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
NO NO NO!!!!

Please guys.. I'm not being rude or ragging on either of you but I must insist that if you are Posting for the Titles/numbers...STOP! We had a very serious problem with it when this new UBB board started up and Ziroc, himself, asked people to stop it. I can find the thread if you need me to.

We don't want the board clogged with non-posts (spam for spam sake) just to get titles. It makes us look bad to some new members who are bombarded with so many things that may make no sense and those things bump more 'content-heavy' threads off the first page... The rapid overturning is daunting to many new folk.

I'm not saying don't post...just that if you are doing it soley for the numbers.. Gentleman, it's a no-no! Cloudy likes you with ANY title! And well, you guys may be too new to know... but she finds numbers to be pesky things and hardly notices them at all!

CloudTeacher

Hey your almost at 3000
that doesn't count does it

------------------

Drake A.K.A. bocaj
Old 05-05-2001, 02:57 AM   #12
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I dont post for numbers im just a wiseass and have to respond to everything and if im on the net I keep this forum open in a seperate window so thats why I am always posting.

------------------
Meet my lawyer.
Old 05-05-2001, 03:07 AM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

No problem Caleb

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-05-2001, 03:50 AM   #14
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Same here, Cloudy! For me it's no biggy; as a mod, my stars and title will never change again, so no one can accuse me of star-spamming! However, 95% of my posts have been "legitimate" ones, most of them garnered in the Wizards and Warriors forum where I'm one of the "help gurus" along with Wyvern. She and I are about neck-and-neck with posts. Recently I've been jumping in on the fast-paced discussions here, but that's only been recently and I won't post if I don't have something at least somewhat worthy of saying. For all it's worth.

Old 05-05-2001, 10:26 AM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Saz!

I wasn't trying to dampen anyone's posting enthusiasm, just make a point that might need making for all newcomers. You don't know if you don't ask and if you don't know to ask...well, somebody ought to tell you!

CloudSomebody ..teehee

Oh yah.. and PS.. Cloud reeeeeeally likes those moderator types..nice STARS! HAHAHAHAHA
------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 05-05-2001).]
Old 05-05-2001, 11:00 AM   #16
Rikard

Wah is a veteran??????????????????????????

------------------

The Githyanki Necromancer - High Magician of the Holy Flame

Old 05-05-2001, 11:01 AM   #17
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Oooh goody! Accord! Long time no see, my pal! How goes things in BG2?

Cloudy

BG2 is sitting nicely on the shelf as we speak (thanks to the nice weather), just waiting for the expansion now.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-05-2001, 11:08 AM   #18
Charlie
Lord Ao

Sazerac, you always have good things to say, REGARDLESS of the thread that you post to....please pal, you just keep right on.

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 05-05-2001, 01:21 PM   #19
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Wow, thanks, Charlie! You really know how to make someone feel special.

(feeling very full of himself this morning since he pulled off importing a table into the forum...hehe! )
Old 05-05-2001, 02:55 PM   #20
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Wheres holy mage wah and my favorite bard hater brother glorick the half-orc? Also I just noticed you can see the nipple on the woman in melusines signature.

Why is it American society seems to have a preoccupation with nipples? Or rather not seeing them. My mate has a mouse pad that came with Platinum Audio software from the U.S. There's a naked silver cyberchick that apparently had to have the nipples removed.

????? So she becomes an it?

Just asking...... I know I'm being horribly general.

Oh yeah, it's like that Alanis Morriset video clip where she's naked, but certain bits are blurred. My question is then....WHY IS SHE NAKED? It defeats any original point and actually works in the opposite doesn't it? It's kind of like saying

"Down with the establishment.... maybe, if you don't mind"

or

"You politicians are all........a little bit maybe wrong, sort of maybe not really"

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!