Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-10-2001, 01:58 PM   #1
arekthorn

Well I'm at the Demigorgon Statue room and 6 Demon Knights Spawn in.....whats the BEST startegy against those badasses??

Old 01-10-2001, 02:04 PM   #2
Aegis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You,

Try searching the forum for an old thread about these kills, but i would recommend alot of magic and gore...

Aegis
Old 01-10-2001, 02:22 PM   #3
Magness
Quintesson

Summon as many elementals as possible and place them near where the Demon Knights pop in so that the DK's will engage them instead of your party.

The DK's will be able to take out the elementals after a time, but this will give you enough time to concentrate on taking them out 1 by 1.

Note... Only summon 4 allies. You need to be able to summon an animal as the sacrifice.
Old 01-10-2001, 02:25 PM   #4
arekthorn

Yes.....that is fairly effective...but there are 6 DKs...and only 4 to 5 summoned creatures

the only things i have noticed that hurt them are Holy Smite and Bolt of Glory....too bad id need like 6 of each

Old 01-10-2001, 02:35 PM   #5
UserFriendly

one of the most evil tactic i"ve discovered against mages and other spell based chracters is to setup a project image, and cast a huge number of delay action fireballs where the target gates in. triggers way before even contingency defences raise up. 4 for example, will kill most high level liches. have the projected image cast the spell, as it will not deplete your character's spells!

Old 01-10-2001, 03:47 PM   #6
arekthorn

Well the best Ive done is get them all to injured or lower.....but i just cant outlast them....argh...there has to be a better way

Old 01-10-2001, 04:33 PM   #7
arekthorn

Get this...I killed two of em, but Minsc died
two more i had at near death and another was feared....oh but somehow my guy just happens to die................WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????
lol

Old 01-10-2001, 04:47 PM   #8
Ertai, Wizard Adept

I placed my party outside the room and summoned a dryad. Made her walk to the statue, so she got killed (sacrificed). Then, enter the room slowly and take them out 1 by 1.

LUCK

Old 01-10-2001, 04:49 PM   #9
arekthorn

hmmmmm i think i may try that....i guess draw them out one at a time (or try to) and do some praying

Old 01-10-2001, 05:02 PM   #10
Satyre

Uaing my beloved solo fighter/mage/thief i also used the one-at-a-time tactic... although two-at-a-time also proved to be do-able. Then I just hacked away until they fell down and didn't move anymore : )
Given their magic resistance I didnt bother too much with spells.