Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2001, 10:07 AM   #1
Silmarin_of_Chaos

Well, it sure seems like it does. You be the judge. SPOILER!!

I'm doing the Haer'Dalis quest when you goto the planar prison. I killed the bounty hunters, and got some cool equipment, including the boots of speed. My thief (which I rolled up - high % hide in shadows and move silently) has the ring of invisibility AND the Cloak of Non-Detection equipped. So, after speaking with the thrall who managed to get free of his collar, I decide to scout the area. I activate the once per day invisibility and move to the east to see what im up against, leaving the rest of the party behind. My thief also is wearing the boots of speed that I just id'd. I walk all the way to the wyvern without anything so much as hinting that they see or hear me. When I get to the warden however, not only does he immediately "see" me, but he gets off vampiric touch or whatever, damaging my thief. WTF is up with that?

Then, since the warden and the air elementals are activated, I decide that I'll run away and work my way over to him. Ok, I go to take out the first group of thralls, which are ALL RED, not blue. I decide to backstab the thrall mage. The very instant that I come out of invis with the backstab, the thrall initiates dialogue, STOPPING THE BACKSTAB! This happens 3 more times!! WTF?!?!?!! That should NOT be happening. There is no way in hell that they see me fast enough to stop my blade from sinking into the small of their backs!! Besides the fact that the circles are RED!!

That is not cool. Anyone else get this? Total BS.

btw.. Where is the string for the Gesen bow?

Old 01-10-2001, 10:56 AM   #2
_max_RUSSKIE

Hhhm dunno about the backstab, but some creatures lik the Watcher, or Tanaa'ri (other-planar creatures?) can see you anyway even if invisible