Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2003, 05:34 PM   #1
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Currently Australia's Matthew Hayden is ranked the worlds best. DO you agree with this? How do you assess the worlds best batmen? Who else would you nominate?

I'm a Hayden fan so I'm as pleased as punch he's getting these accolades. Especially since he had to fight to get into the team. So many criticised he technique, but he kept piling up huge scores for Queensland. Double century after double century, year after year. I'm glad he's reaping it now.

But does anyone know what Slater and Elliot, (at one time people holding his spot) are doing? I'm out of the loop here in NYC.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-28-2003, 08:15 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Slater is back in the NSW team, doing okay I think. Elliot is also playing domestic, he was also in the Australia A team that played some 3 day matches against England. I think he got injured though (or hit with a ball? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] ) which was bad luck in the one in Tasmania.

I'm thrilled the Bat is finally getting the recognition he deserves! We went to the first day of the gabba test and saw him get his century, was fantastic. And in ODIs as well, as soon as he was given a real go, not the switch around never-know-whether-you're-in-or-out baloney with Mark Waugh last summer, he's excelled there as well. He was a shoo-in for all 3 awards, best limited overs player, best test player and Allan Border medal at the ceremony last night. Interestingly he didn't get any!
Old 01-28-2003, 08:20 PM   #3
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I say the best batsman is Barry Bonds. He hits the tar out of the ball [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2003, 08:28 PM   #4
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
I say the best batsman is Barry Bonds. He hits the tar out of the ball [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Who he hell is Barry Bonds?

Old 01-28-2003, 09:21 PM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
quote:
Who he hell is Barry Bonds?[/QUOTE]Who the hell is Matthew Hayden ?
Old 01-28-2003, 09:30 PM   #6
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
quote:
Who he hell is Barry Bonds?[/QUOTE]Who the hell is Matthew Hayden ? [/QUOTE]The worlds best batsman. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2003, 09:33 PM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
So is Barry Bonds, exept in another ballgame, with real bats. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2003, 09:48 PM   #8
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
So is Barry Bonds, exept in another ballgame, with real bats. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
If it's another ballgame, and the ballgame is baseball, then he'd be a batter not a batsman.

Old 01-29-2003, 04:27 AM   #9
wellard
Dracolisk

Micheal Atherton

hang on he's retired

then I guess it's micheal Vaughn... the stats prove it. and didn't billy bonds play for west ham?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 01-29-2003, 05:46 AM   #10
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
quote:
If it's another ballgame, and the ballgame is baseball, then he'd be a batter not a batsman. [/QUOTE]True Yorick - he may notadmitit but you have him there .

On the subject of Matt - yes he is the world's best batsman, and I won 25 dollars from the one expat Brit in the office who wanted to bet me that Hayden would average less than 50 for the Ashes series. LOL - I would have taken the bet at 60 if he had upped the ante

And he's a Queenslander [img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img]