Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-21-2000, 07:23 PM   #1
kendril

Damnit, i have NEVER had a problem with a battle before in the case. I played BG1 to death, and became quite proficient with the interface.

Until now.

The demon Balor in the gnome town in the underdark. I can't kill. I just can't. He constantly kicks my ass.

Any help at all?

thanks guys.

Old 10-21-2000, 08:35 PM   #2
eclipse

monk, quivering palm......'nuff said

Old 10-21-2000, 08:47 PM   #3
kendril

err, i don't have a monk in my party at all.

Old 10-21-2000, 11:22 PM   #4
varek

I think I did that one with Protection from Evil 10', had my sluggers go toe to toe with the demon while one of my mages cast Remove Fear as needed, another mage cast Lower Resistance on the demon to pave the way for wholesale magical destruction. Maybe throw in a pinch of Haste and Free Action just prior to the battle, if needed. If you have a priest with Bolt of Glory spell , give that a shot.

Old 10-22-2000, 11:57 AM   #5
kendril

errr, i gave up and just turned into the slayer (my reputation was pretty high) and kicked his ass. Thanks though.

Old 10-23-2000, 08:05 AM   #6
Arrack

Bolts of glory and triggers of magic missiles (demons take normal damage from magic missile).

And 500 hundred summoned critters are good too.

Old 11-11-2000, 01:23 AM   #7
gary1

I have tried ALL types of arrows with a magic bow (even Detonation) with no effect. I have tried many magic swords & axes (complements of an editor)- including the Dragonslayer (the flail of ages +3 causes 1 point of damage each strike ?!?!). I have tried my player's "slayer" option: nothing works. I am tired of seeing everyone run like hell after 1 or 2 rounds with plenty HPs available. 100% magic resistance doesn't help either. Unfortunately, I don't have a monk, Paladin, or bard in my group. Geeeeezzzz, what I wouldn't give for some +4/5 hand grenades or C4.