Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-12-2000, 06:06 PM   #1
DeathTouch

Are there any drawbacks to being dual classed characters? Does it divide the skills? Sorry, I know I'm stupid and cant look in the book.

Old 10-12-2000, 08:25 PM   #2
ArchMage1

Well, Dual classing can be a benefit if done correctly. Keep in mind that you have to get one level beyond your first class with the new one before you can use the abilities of the first class, so don't dual class too late.

Second, don't duplicate weapon proficiencies.

Third, keep in mind that Bards, Paladin, Sorcerers, and Monks can't dual class. Rangers aren't suppose to be able to either.

Fourth, your second class can't have a kit.

Old 10-12-2000, 11:00 PM   #3
password

No your not stupid, just lazy. Like the guy said above if done correctly, you can have an extremely powerful char. Like a kensai/mage. I dont see why paladins cant dual class. They suck in my opinion. Especially since they have to be lawful good(ack). I wish they had a darkknight that would be great.

Some good dual classes
kensai/mage
assassin/mage
swashbuckler/mage
priest of helm/mage
ranger/cleric

Old 10-15-2000, 03:41 AM   #4
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Definitely don't want to forget about thief/fighter classes either. Because when done, this will give the fighter the ability to backstab and hide in shadows. Also, because fighters get multiple attacks, it will max out the damage that your thief skills will get you. Also, if you wait til the last level with the thief before dual'ing, you get some magic abilities as well. Scroll stuff and not. Just a thought.