Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2002, 10:05 PM   #1
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

[img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img]

I reinstalled SoA/ToB after completing BG1/ToSC in order to continue the epic saga. Whilst looking for patches and Baldurdash fixes, I came across the TeamBG site - there are so many mods available!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Which begs the question - what mods are recommended/compatible? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

I have SoA/ToB patched with the latest ToB patch. I intend to install the Baldurdash ToB fixpack.

I also intend to install ToB:Ascension. Only problem is, there are 2 versions, the original one by David Gaider, and the WeiDU version. Which is recommended?

There are also 2 large add-ins, Shadows Over Soubar & The Darkest Day. Could someone whohas played them give me a synopsis and a recommendation?

I don't want to add too many things, or it'll take forever to finish the game. Any inputs & advice appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-05-2002, 10:24 PM   #2
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Take forever to finish the game.. How else do you think people have been on the board so long, hm? But seriously.. DL the Solaufein mod.. It gives you not only a great NPC but new encounters and it makes a few battles ::coughcoughtwisedrunebhodishadowdragon:: more difficult, as well as making vampires and beholders more intelligent.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 12:26 AM   #3
Andrew Mcveigh
Drow Warrior

again! the mods and patches come up! someone answer please!!! do i need to patch my game!?!?!!?
Old 08-06-2002, 01:24 AM   #4
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Do you NEED to? Of course not. But it helps, because it fixes bugs. As someone said before (I think it was Dundee but I'm not sure) what are the odds that the game was perfect when they released it? Bugs were discovered and they made patches to fix them.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 02:09 AM   #5
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Andrew
Please do not hijack my thread. It is considered rude, like butting in on other people's conversation. I have answered your questions in the thread you started.
The reason it is considered rude is that when people post a question, and someone else posts in the same thread asking something completely different, readers get confused as to whihc reply is for which question.
Hayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 02:24 AM   #6
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

In answer to the original questions I'd probably go for davids ascension patch. I haven't seen the other one but I assume as dave was involved in the making of the game originally his would be more compatible. But like I said, I don't know anything about the other one. From what I've sen most mods don't work with TOB. i got one called epic endeavours with PC powerplay but it only works with SOA, I've read that darkest day is the same. So I haven't used any mods either because I didn't want to uninstall TOB. By the way, whats the baldurrdash fix pack do? I don't think I have that.
Old 08-07-2002, 04:57 AM   #7
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Draggor:
In answer to the original questions I'd probably go for davids ascension patch. I haven't seen the other one but I assume as dave was involved in the making of the game originally his would be more compatible. But like I said, I don't know anything about the other one. From what I've sen most mods don't work with TOB. i got one called epic endeavours with PC powerplay but it only works with SOA, I've read that darkest day is the same. So I haven't used any mods either because I didn't want to uninstall TOB. By the way, whats the baldurrdash fix pack do? I don't think I have that.
TDD is now TOB compatible.
Baldurdash fixpack is bugfixes, and it is recomended that you get it; as some of the bugs can be VERY annoying.
Download the official patch from Bioware if you haven`t already, then head to Baldurdash and get the Baldurdash Fixpack v 1.12. [img]smile.gif[/img]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 06:07 AM   #8
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Thanks for all replies. Here's what I've done:

1. Installed SoA
2. Installed ToB
3. Instaled official ToB patch
4. Baldurdashed setup with ToB tweaks & fixes v 112
5. Unzipped bonus merchants to override directory

Here's what I've d/l'd and intend to install:

1. David Gaider's original Bhall Power tweak (from Baldurdash)
2. ToB Safe XP remover (from Baldurdash)
3. Skip Intro script (from Baldurdash)
4. Better looking robes of vecna (from Baldurdash)
5. Tashia (NPC mod from TeamBG)
6. TeamBG's Grand Mastery fix
7. ToB AScension WeiDU Mod (from Team BG)

Any particular order to install?

More importantly, what do I need to back up NOW so that I can revert to the current game config/setup in case something goes wrong? The contents of the override folder is one, but what else?
Hayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 07:07 AM   #9
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Backup: Override folder, dialogue.tlk , and chitin.key , I would say [img]smile.gif[/img]
(That`s what The Darkest Day automatically backs up [img]smile.gif[/img] )
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 12:01 PM   #10
jcompton
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Hayashi:

5. Tashia (NPC mod from TeamBG)
7. ToB AScension WeiDU Mod (from Team BG)
TeamBG had nothing to do with these mods.

Tashia was created by Michael Lyashenko.

Ascension was created by David Gaider and IEEIAS, ported to WeiDU by Westley Weimer.

You may have seen the links at TeamBG, but please give credit where it's due.