Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 10-28-2002, 06:59 PM   #11
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Ok Chewie this is what I see wrong as of now.

1: Does the Cloaked Human in the Guild Hall bar speak?

2: When I walked out of the guild Hall I found myself in a forest. Did I miss something? Then I was wisked away to meat Panorous then poof I was in Horda village. I think you need to consider the continuity from the players view point and try to come up with some other mechanic to get the player to the village.
Possibly have Panorous meet the player in the guild Hall and wisk them away.

3: The names of the Guardian of Horda keep change. I have counted three different names so far.

4: I can't hurt Sikk. He can't hurt me, anymore. He's run out of spells. I can't use Dawnbringer either. It's set at 28th level for the user. I can't get out of the large double doors either. I need a key that I supose is held by Sikk.

This is what's right.

You have done alot of things right. I liked the fade into the room. The caves are wonderful! I had a blast playing this to the point I am at. The dialog is pretty good. Much better than many mods I have played. There are some spelling errors and some gramatical ones too, but by and large the game has great potential. With some more work this will be one of the best I have played. There wasn't a single glitch or stutter during the entire run. I just wish I could finish it. Let me know when you release the updated version and I will try to finish.
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 05:27 PM   #12
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Great Mod! I figuted out my problem, I needed to update NWN to 1.25. I was running the stock 1.0.0. It's a great mod with lots of detail. I started It last night, and got to the end of the caves, have the key and am going back out. I noticed something interesting, the end of the 3rd cave deadends at an opening with 2 huge rocks in front of It, I figured this must be the point where the "cave in" Is In Horda village, right? How come It Is highlighted as an exit, so Is the "cave in" above ground? Is this something that is going to change later? Anyway, good job. Oh ya, how much more gameplay Is there?
Old 10-31-2002, 11:49 AM   #13
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Wulfere:
Ok Chewie this is what I see wrong as of now.

1: Does the Cloaked Human in the Guild Hall bar speak?

2: When I walked out of the guild Hall I found myself in a forest. Did I miss something? Then I was wisked away to meat Panorous then poof I was in Horda village. I think you need to consider the continuity from the players view point and try to come up with some other mechanic to get the player to the village.
Possibly have Panorous meet the player in the guild Hall and wisk them away.

3: The names of the Guardian of Horda keep change. I have counted three different names so far.

4: I can't hurt Sikk. He can't hurt me, anymore. He's run out of spells. I can't use Dawnbringer either. It's set at 28th level for the user. I can't get out of the large double doors either. I need a key that I supose is held by Sikk.

This is what's right.

You have done alot of things right. I liked the fade into the room. The caves are wonderful! I had a blast playing this to the point I am at. The dialog is pretty good. Much better than many mods I have played. There are some spelling errors and some gramatical ones too, but by and large the game has great potential. With some more work this will be one of the best I have played. There wasn't a single glitch or stutter during the entire run. I just wish I could finish it. Let me know when you release the updated version and I will try to finish.
Hey thank you very much Wulfere! My fiance is in the process of editing the rest of the converstaions and we havent gotten to the journals or flavor text yet. I just havent had very much free-time as of late, because my real job has got very real as far as 15 hour days/seven day weeks go. Soon I will have weekends free agian and I will finish up the mod! I am eager to work on the next instalment, but I want to get this one absolutely right first. Your feedback Is very helpful! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now to your points, #4 is quite critical to me, but I addressed each one:

1. That's a plot character that I added late. his conversation has yet to be finished. He reappears in the next installment.

2. That's great feedback! you are supposed to get whisked away to the other plane, but I hadn't considered the discontinuity it may bring. I'll think on this one.

3. Doh! I knew when I changed his name I would goof. That's one bug I'll hunt down asap!

4. Oh the big one! Well, my question to you is did the scripted scene play out before combat? If so the script must be bugged where it changes his plot flag. If not the scene script may be flawwed. It is my first one. I spent all day working on that scene and tested and tweaked it myself around 30 times. I'll look in to it. It's my first attempt at a "cut-scene", as...
Spoiler
>
>
>
>
>
sikkk is supposed to take the gold sword from you and execute a ritual. You get the sword and a key back from him when its over( he's dead). Dawnbringer is supposed to be unusable...for now anyway .
Old 10-31-2002, 11:54 AM   #14
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
Great Mod! I figuted out my problem, I needed to update NWN to 1.25. I was running the stock 1.0.0. It's a great mod with lots of detail. I started It last night, and got to the end of the caves, have the key and am going back out. I noticed something interesting, the end of the 3rd cave deadends at an opening with 2 huge rocks in front of It, I figured this must be the point where the "cave in" Is In Horda village, right? How come It Is highlighted as an exit, so Is the "cave in" above ground? Is this something that is going to change later? Anyway, good job. Oh ya, how much more gameplay Is there?
Thanks LordKathen! I am glad you got the darn thing to work. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The rockfall started as an exit, when I added the detour I failed to remove the area transition. Perhaps I will remove it to avoid any time wasted trying to exit there, which is imposiible and would screw up the encounters later in the mod.

As far as game play left, You are about 1/4 of the way to the end.
Old 10-31-2002, 02:23 PM   #15
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Cool, thanks. I have playred many mods that start out great but end too quickly. I will be anxious for your next installment!
Old 11-01-2002, 06:26 AM   #16
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Chewie...
Nope there was no scripted scene before we got down to trying to kill each other.
This being the case I will have to delete that saved game and replay your updated mod from the begining. Not that it will be hard, since I enjoyed it this time so much.

I understand about overtime. I have been working 10 hour days 7 days a week myself.
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 08:45 PM   #17
Chewbacca
Zartan

cool, I will update in the next few days and post here to let you know! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2002, 11:28 AM   #18
sep257
Dungeon Master

I downloaded this last night and will try it out this evening -- will let you know.
Old 11-02-2002, 03:07 PM   #19
Chewbacca
Zartan

Alright, I updated to v_06 at the Vault, but the changes aren't real-time. Perhaps by tomorrow (11-3-02) the update will be up or I am willing to email the zip. The update is really minor, but may effect the ending of the module so if you downloaded and haven't played it yet, you may wanna wait for the update to go live and download again.

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules...29759340.shtml

Wulfere: I double checked the sikkk scene before I updated. It should play out before getting down to combat business.

Good luck and happy gaming! [img]smile.gif[/img]

P.S. Since when can't we use a "." in a mods name? This must be from the 1.26 update or something?

[ 11-02-2002, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 11-03-2002, 05:48 PM   #20
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Downloading now. Curious to see another Ironworkers module. Sounds interesting from the posts so far. Maybe people can download my Candlebright mod while downloading yours.