Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 03-02-2008, 12:04 AM   #11
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Ironworks Forum Re: Report the current bugs/errors/oddities in EFU

here's one -

there is a faction problem still looming with Level Fifteen's "dirty pair". whenever you start fighting the Ferragons within the room that contains Kiliam and his sorcerer companion, Kiliam and the sorcerer then attack the PCs and slay them mercilessly instead of aiding them in defeating the Ferragon

and another -

the osyluths inside of The Pit (sublevel in Level Thirteen's The Drow City) do not decay when slain. the same error occurs with some of the Xanather guardsmen inside of Skullport's Expanded Southquarter inside of Level Three.

oh, and an oddity for you -

some keys are automatically removed from your inventory when used, while others are not. keys (I personally believe) which should automatically be removed from your inventory are the following:
- Demonic Guardian's Key
- Thirteenth Door Key for the Drow Proving Ground
- those keys used on the Haunted Isle
- Cyric Leader's Door Key
- "Choose Well" key on Level Eleven (which I believe it does already)
- the Captain's key for the ship on the way to the Haunted Isle

Of course, the easiest way to deal with this is for every key to automatically be used and lost from inventory. Sure that would bite for trying to get through some areas like Level Thirteen and Level Twelve. I have no idea how would you go about correcting the issue. Maybe with a list of keys and the doors they correspond to?
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.

Last edited by Mozenwrathe; 03-06-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:24 PM   #12
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Very Angry Re: Report the current bugs/errors/oddities in EFU

Now see, my experience with the Dirty Duo of 15 is slightly different:

The dwarf starts the fight as soon as he hears my footfalls in the passage. Once I step in to see if I can aid his defense, he runs over to his friend-in-a-dress and stands there taunting the Ferragan. IF all the ungodly amount of crap spawning (completely over-the-top-in-amount spell effect and actual number of foe fighting) doesn't crash my computer at least once - and it does - after the foe are all vanquished, the cowardly bastard-in-a-dress nonchalantly walks over to me and kills me! No apology, no turn to hostile status. Just smacks me down like a little bitch and returns to dwarfie-doodle for a snuggle!

Not my fault he caught a draft!
Old 03-06-2008, 12:01 PM   #13
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Question Mark Re: Report the current bugs/errors/oddities in EFU

Here's another one for you related to Level Three - Skulldeep:

What will happen to Main Junction HH within the sewer system underneath Waterdeep? Right now all it has is the notice about how the new teleportation system works within The Undermountain. Shall you be adding something new there? And for that matter, will the sewer system as a whole be getting an overhaul? (new set of quests, new set of items, perhaps a henchman to be found there, one of the rival factions of the Undermountain setting up shop somewhere within, et cetera)
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:53 PM   #14
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

Default Re: Report the current bugs/errors/oddities in EFU

An odd one on lvl 15. I went to the merchant to buy a new mace and then sold some items to him. Every item I sold was sold for on 1 gp.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:44 PM   #15
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Yeah, Toot--he's a real thief. I'm pretty sure his stuff is "hot", too, so be careful who you show your new sharp-and-pointies to as they may be on a list of missing goods somewhere in Undermountain.

(I also am pretty sure that his merchant model is based on the gov't and Uncle Sam .

"Here, let me take that nasty old worn-out mace off your hands and here's a gold bit for your troubles. What's that? Now you don't have a weapon? Well, here is a mace worthy of your consideration, however. Yessir! Nice and deadly - and only eight million gold! I tell you, I saw one of these in a little bazaar in the Middle East just last week - a cheaper version, you understand and not at all suitable - it's all the rage with adventurers and simply a must-have!")
Old 03-07-2008, 11:21 AM   #16
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

Thief is an understatement...
one other thing that is odd. If you go backwrds through lvl 9 and 8 ( I.E start from the teleporter on 10 and go back wards) not alot of creatures spawn. ( the dragon on 9 does) but 1/2 - 3/4 of the other playmates won't come out.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:50 AM   #17
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Simple answers to some of these:

The merchant on 15 uses the appraise skill, if your skill sucks, he has a ring...

The spawns on 9 are still triggered spawns, and the stuff won't spawn until you go through the triggers, which are all located on the coming in from level 8 side. A simple fix would be to place all the spawns on two triggers, one on each entrance. A more complicated fix, but much more efficient, would be to simply spawn them OnEnter, and I have a script set for that. Will take a bit of work to set up, but once done, a lot of areas that are populated now will be totally empty until a player is in there.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:12 AM   #18
garrison
Manshoon

Another curious thing about the wierdo on 15, if your appraise skill is high enough, you can *buy* items for one gold piece, and sell them for more.

I happen to like lvl 9 the way it is now, it makes it easier to help low level chars on lvl 8, if yer spoilin' fer a fight, ye can always turn 'round an' face the spawn.
garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:42 PM   #19
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

I finished the DPG with a paly8/WM7/Cot25 and it did not give me a reward. Then depression set in.....
Old 03-21-2008, 06:44 PM   #20
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

The hidden door in the SW corner of level 15 doesn't seem to work (certainly doesn't take me anywhere).

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote