Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 05-31-2002, 07:33 AM   #1
[wcip]Angel
Zhentarim Guard

How do you get the number of spells available up? Right now I can only enchant summon this and that and cure disease.. I don't want these crappy mods on my gear. I want something nice.. how do I expand on this list (the one on the left).. I have all these gems with souls from fat "Vorlons from Babylon5"-looking monsters.. (ascended ghosts or something).. and I don't know what to do with them, as I really don't want a helm or a ring that can summon a skeleton..
[wcip]Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 07:51 AM   #2
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Ive been buying spells from NPCs as I have gone along. When I was trying to enchant something last night, it only showed these spells that were available for enchantment. Now I haven't taken this item to be enchanted to anyone else so I dont know if when you go to enchant that only that persons spells show up or if its still just yours.

As far as I can see the soul gem effects the amount of charges and not the potency or the spells you put in it. Still learning myself but I hope this helps a little.
Old 05-31-2002, 08:03 AM   #3
[wcip]Angel
Zhentarim Guard

Yeah A little.. but the wierd thing is: I have dozens of scrolls (I pick them all up) and I've spoken with dozens of enchanters and they all give me the same list..
Old 05-31-2002, 08:49 AM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Another weird thing, I don't have any Restore Attribute spell in my character spell list but I have Restore Attribute enchantment?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 09:05 AM   #5
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Another weird thing, I don't have any Restore Attribute spell in my character spell list but I have Restore Attribute enchantment?
Do you have "Restore Health" in your list ? That may be an explanation.

The only effects you can put on enchantments are effects of spells you know, for example if you know a spell that fortifies strength, you can make enchantments that fortify any attribute + health/magika/fatigue

The only way to extend the list is to buy Spells. (The Spell menu of certain NPCs not the Enchant menu)

Hope it helps
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 09:11 AM   #6
[wcip]Angel
Zhentarim Guard

Is there a difference between "knowing spells" and "having scrolls in one's inventory" ?
Old 05-31-2002, 10:58 AM   #7
Loredena
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes. When you click on an NPC, if you go to barter you buy scrolls. But, some NPCs (check the temple and mage guilds in particular) have different options, one of which is spells. Those are spells you know, and the effects of those spells are what you can use for enchantment. Note that all that is necessary is to know the effect, so for example even the weakest paralyze spell would allow you to put a strong paralyze enchantment on an appropriate item.
Loredena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 11:19 AM   #8
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

I was trying a paralyze spell last night but the only thing was that duration and area were the only adjustable mechanics "on strike" it allowed me to alter -not- strength. So to make things a little more confusing some spells may only be enchanted onto an item in this fasion.
My enchanment skill is at 41 right now so does this number determine the strength of the paralyze feature of the enchanted weapon? (magnitude..I mean)

Great topic btw.. [img]smile.gif[/img] *\Conan/*

[ 05-31-2002, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: *\Conan/* ]
*\Conan/* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 03:34 PM   #9
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

get a grand soul gem and somehow find a scroll of summon golden saint. cast saint cast soul trrap on him. kill him. get very nice soul gem worth 80000 also gives the highest charges
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 03:56 PM   #10
[wcip]Angel
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Loredena:
Yes. When you click on an NPC, if you go to barter you buy scrolls. But, some NPCs (check the temple and mage guilds in particular) have different options, one of which is spells. Those are spells you know, and the effects of those spells are what you can use for enchantment. Note that all that is necessary is to know the effect, so for example even the weakest paralyze spell would allow you to put a strong paralyze enchantment on an appropriate item.
*bows down and kisses the path of Loredena*

Thank you... Thank you!!