Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-11-2001, 08:56 AM   #1
alxander1
Dungeon Master

Can anyone tell me where to find the following items ?

Staff of Magi
Silver or Gold Pantaloons
Girdle of stone Giant strength
Belt of inertial Barrier
Ring of Ram

And where do I find the Lich that I have to kill to get the Ring of Gax

Thanks
Old 05-11-2001, 09:27 AM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Light spoils...

The Staff of the Magi deals with a special quest in the docks district, using a rare stone.

The Lich is found in three parts spread out over different parts of the city, namely docks, Temple, and ...(the one with the thieves guild in it, cannot remember name). After finding his body parts, then you are on your way to getting that ring of yours.

------------------

Larry, a Loyal Guardian of the OHF

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 05-11-2001).]
Old 05-11-2001, 10:19 AM   #3
Gimlee
Elminster

The ring of ram is on Tolgerias in the goverment building or when you fight him in the planar sphere.

I think that the belt of inertal barrier is sold in trademeet after the quests.

The gold pantaloons are in bg1 and you get the silver ones with the quest with the guy who is barried alive.

------------------

See the ravaging effects of smoke!
Old 05-11-2001, 10:25 AM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by alxander1:
Can anyone tell me where to find the following items ?

Staff of Magi
Silver or Gold Pantaloons
Girdle of stone Giant strength
Belt of inertial Barrier
Ring of Ram

And where do I find the Lich that I have to kill to get the Ring of Gax

Thanks
SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Staff of Magi - is located in the Twisted Runes area, you will need to have a rogue stone in your inventory to enter the door. The door (which is trapped) is located in the Bridge District near the Southwest corner of the map, it is located at the 2nd last house facing the water (the door is also facing the water side).
Silver Pantaloons - have no idea why you want it, but it is part of the "reward" for the evil path in the Buried Alive quest, once you've discovered the kidnappers are and slained then, you MUST NOT release the woman on the 2nd floor of the kidnapper's hide out, which is located at the house near the Southwest end of the Bridge District. The entrance is facing the water and WILL ONLY BE OPENABLE if you have talked to or killed the dude in Red, he is waiting between the kidnapper's house and the house with the entrance to the Twisted Runes.
Gold Pantaloons - THIS IS A BG1 ITEM, you can find it in the Friendly Arms Inn.
Belt of Inertial Barrier - this item is located at Trademeet, sold by one of the merchants.
Ring of Ram - located on Tolgerias (who is the Cowled Wizard looking for Valygar), you can get this ring by two ways: 1) if you are good enough, pickpockter him when you meet him in Government District, 2) (the PREFER way for me) kill him and get it from his dead body, you can either kill him in government building (not the wisest if REP is your priority) or you can kill him in the Planar Sphere when you meet in the lower level.
Kangaxx - the lich Kangaxx is located in the cellar of the house located at the Dock District, to the left of Mae'Var's Guildhall. His body parts are torso (located at the basement of a house in the Bridge District, the entrance is the door between the door of the kidnapper's house and the entrance to the Twisted Runes, the door is NOT facing the water and it is facing the SOuthwest side of the map. A lich is guarding it when you click on the tomb), and the arms/legs (you will find it as part of the exploring of the Unseen Eye's quest, where you will receive a key from Gaal, a cult's priest. From your exploring in the cult map, you will find a tomb, when you click on the tomb a lich will come out and you will have to take it the hard way). Once you got all the pieces, head back to Kangaxx and receive your "reward".
Once the lich form of Kangaxx is defeated, he will turn into the demi lich (a floating skull), only +4 or better weapon will hurt him and spells/abilities that will protect you are: enrage/berserker (Berserker/Barbarian), Spell Immunity (mage spell, choose the school Adjuation, Protection from Undead (spell, use only when Kangaxx turns demi lich, otherwise he will not die as the first lich form)... etc.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-11-2001, 12:22 PM   #5
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

You made a small typo its spell immunity abjuration.

------------------
Welcome to hell.
Old 05-11-2001, 01:06 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
You made a small typo its spell immunity abjuration.

Heh...thanks, as you can tell, I am no spelling bee.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!