Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-19-2001, 10:58 PM   #1
IamGeorge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, I have a true neutral main character, mincs (true good?), Jaheira (true neutral), Yoshimo (true neutral), and Airie SP? (lawful good). I plan on having a reputaion somewhere between 9 and 12 the whole game, so I can use a variety of NPCs. I plan on dropping some of these people, but I want to keep Minsc at least. I also want Edwin, and maybe Korgan and Keldorn. Would there be a problem here? Would Minsc leave or attack one of my evil characters, even if the reputaion of the party remains somewhat neutral?

And if I happen to start getting my rep too high, what would e the safest way to lower it a point or two?
Old 03-19-2001, 11:07 PM   #2
Nostron
Manshoon

no don't worry about it. as long as you keep your rep 8-12 there shouldn't be any problem and for losing some reputation. read on...
slight spoiler
<
<
<
<
<
later on in the game you main character can turn into the slayer and everytime u turn to the slayer you lose i think 2 reputation points. The slayer kicks ass and u lose the reputation at the same time.

------------------
Mess with the best Die like the Rest!!
Old 03-19-2001, 11:09 PM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by IamGeorge:
Ok, I have a true neutral main character, mincs (true good?), Jaheira (true neutral), Yoshimo (true neutral), and Airie SP? (lawful good). I plan on having a reputaion somewhere between 9 and 12 the whole game, so I can use a variety of NPCs. I plan on dropping some of these people, but I want to keep Minsc at least. I also want Edwin, and maybe Korgan and Keldorn. Would there be a problem here? Would Minsc leave or attack one of my evil characters, even if the reputaion of the party remains somewhat neutral?

And if I happen to start getting my rep too high, what would e the safest way to lower it a point or two?

your rep always starts around 9 (good aligment gain bonus, evil has penalty)

**spoil**

many people say you can use turn slayer to lower rep, which is a good idea. but i heard if you do it over 3 times, you die

I like to do a bit evil things, like if you can free someone, I just charge him 1000 dollars, this way, my rep goes down. also, when it gets too high, I just charm a begger on the street, go to somewhere dark, and kill him, lol this way DRAMATICALLY lowers your rep, becareful

minsc some times DO do some crazy shit to, but it is part of the fun, enjoy
Old 03-20-2001, 05:17 AM   #4
Altranan
Dungeon Master

*slight spoil?*
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Also, some of the NPC interactions means that fights can sometimes break out.
I won't say between whom, but it quickly becomes obvious.
Old 03-20-2001, 08:05 AM   #5
Lord Shield

teeny spoil?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
There's also a point in the Drow City where you can kill slaves for -1 Rep each

Old 03-20-2001, 08:08 AM   #6
dafan

well attack the police who arrests Jan when he tries to sell things to you and you will get -6

------------------
I've heard that the pen is stronger than the sword
Old 03-20-2001, 08:48 AM   #7
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

***Party interaction SPOILER***
You will have some conflict in that party. Minsc and Edwin don't like each other much and Korgan likes to torture Aerie. Remember that Edwin wanted to hire you in BG1 to kill Minsc's former witch, Dynaheir...and now Dynaheir (as you find out early in the game) is dead...so Minsc naturally doesn't like Edwin much. Also, I haven't had Korgan in my party, but I'm told that Aerie will eventually leave if Korgan abuses her too much.