Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-28-2001, 09:24 PM   #1
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Just curious if you got your name from the Babylon 5 character.

Awesome show.
Old 09-29-2001, 12:44 AM   #2
G'kar

Yes, One of my fave shows, and one of my fave characters!

Old 09-29-2001, 08:19 AM   #3
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Yes, that show was filled with great characters. G'kar was awesome (or is it spelled J'Kar in the series). In any case, truly a great character. His development from being a Machiavellian Warrior Prince to Philosopher/Saint was extemely well done.

Londo was an awesome character too, with his own development. His ongoing relationship with G'Kar was one of my favorite parts of the show.

I cannot say enough good things about Babylon 5. It was so much more than just another sci fi show. Full of social and political insight.

The long plotline involving the assassination of President Santiago, the takeover by Clark, the revolt of the colonies, and Babylon 5, and the long road back, all that was just brilliant political writing.

I think my favorite character of all (though it is very hard to say, there are so many good ones -- especially Londo, G'Kar, Delenn, and Vir, imo) was Sheridan.

The episodes where he makes the hard decisions to revolt against Earth Gov and President Clark, even when he thinks he will probably lose in the end, won me over to him completely

[This message has been edited by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown (edited 09-29-2001).]
Old 09-29-2001, 08:53 PM   #4
G'kar

I can only agree with you, Dio! DId you know that an all-new original movie set in that fictioanl realm is coming soon. The only return character from the original series Ive heard of so far is...G'kar! Rumor has it is a pilot for a new series as well, on the sci-fi channel. BTW- I love the Widescreen version they are showwing on that channel, and I can only wait for Bab-5 on dvd! Cheers!