Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-30-2004, 01:53 PM   #1
Jorath Calar
Harper

Okey as much as I want to I'll try to keep this serious... but I have a problem... and it stinks... bad.

Last night my mother made a beansoup, it's traditional icelandic food, whole bunch of yellow peas are boiled up into mulch and the vegetables and cured meat is added, I don't like it much but ate it yesterday and man I regret it. Cause all day today I have been farting, and wow they are loud and smell bad... I mean when you are disgusted by your own farts thats the sign they are bad.

Anyway, does anyone know what to do in a situation like this, anything I could eat to ..."defart" ? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2004, 02:02 PM   #2
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

It'd be a little late to do much about it now since it's been though your system and is not agreeing, though it could just be that it's not what you normaly eat, you can realy muck yourself up changing the type's of food you eat suddenly.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:44 PM   #3
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

It'll go away eventually, and you'll have learned your lesson. Seriously, legumes in general, I'm pretty sure, have that effect, and once you KNOW they're directly linked, cause to effect, you either have to assume responsibility, or act differently...

Oh, and this thread title is quite possibly the best one I've seen in ages.

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 09-30-2004, 04:52 PM   #4
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
bean-o, next time!!
Old 09-30-2004, 05:01 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'll echo what Dron said... Bean-o is the way to go [img]smile.gif[/img] I haven't tried it, but it's supposed to work...

To drop down to the biological, what happens when you pass gas is that food in your intestines is decomposing. In that process, it's generating gases, and those are (once sufficient pressure has built up) sent out into the world. Hopefully not after a police officer asks you if you're trying to be funny... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Suggestions? Eat something totally different to see if you can interrupt the process. Maybe something that's fairly laxative so you can clean out your pipes, so to speak. The less stuff decomposing in there, the better off you will be

Now, as I look back at all this, I have to say it's armchair science -- I've not read or studied any of this in detail. But based on what I've read of the physical processes, it seems sensible to me.

And if it makes you feel better, some years ago my mother, brother, and I went to a chinese place for dinner. First time we'd had one particular dish (I forget what), and we spent the evening and the next day passing gas like there was a contest going on! I don't think we could go ten minutes without one of us letting loose... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Just had another thought: do a bunch of sit-ups. Every time I do them, my digestive system gets accelerated and the natural processes are *ahem* accelerated. The quicker you get it out, the happier you'll be
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:07 PM   #6
Stratos
Vampire

Some people can eat this kind of food with no ill effects, while other get's classified as weapons of mass destruction if they do the same. Perhaps you belong to the latter group, Jorath.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:48 PM   #7
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

Can your mom cook some up for me?

I have some people who need to be gassed at work.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Old 09-30-2004, 05:54 PM   #8
Arvon
Unicorn

So really, what IS yopur problem?

R-I-I-I-P-P-P!

[ 09-30-2004, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Arvon ]

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 09-30-2004, 06:16 PM   #9
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Eat lots and lots of green, leafy vegetables and yellow ones like squash. They will push things along so that the material in legumes doesn't have as much of a chance to break down into gas.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:48 AM   #10
Jorath Calar
Harper

Well it seems to have ended... and so did my social isolation.
Mental note, stay away from that soup next time... [img]smile.gif[/img]