Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2002, 05:49 PM   #1
Macatron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't really know what the heck the deal is, but Anna (in Arnika) doesn't like me anymore. She doesn't attack me or anything, but when you see her from a distance there's a red outline around her. Then if you get up close to her and try to initiate a conversation, she just badmouths me. I don't really have any idea why either. I have always saved before trying to steal from her (or anyone) just in case I get caught. That way all I have to do is reload and everything is peachy with them. The reason that this makes me so mad is that I heard she's the only person that you can buy electrodes and duct tape from. I've only got one set of electrodes as I stand right now, and I've been playing for a while now. My characters are only level ten, but I've put a GREAT deal of time in to building them up. Please tell me that there is something that I can do to make her like me again.

Thanks

Jason
Macatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 06:07 PM   #2
Goumindong
Manshoon

dont think you can, if she is hostile, if neutral you can charm her, or give her items...

did you kill any higardi?
Goumindong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 08:39 PM   #3
Macatron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I haven't killed anything that I wasn't supposed to, Goumindong. The only things that I fight are the things that fight me first (unless I just want to see what an NPC has - so I kill them but I save first to reload afterwards). I think the only thing that I did was curse at her to see what she would do (because someone on another board said that you'd get comical remarks), but I'm pretty sure that I loaded my game afterwards. Either way, I don't think just cursing at her would make her hostile to me anyway. I don't know.
Old 01-26-2002, 08:50 PM   #4
vesselle
Hathor

just go in there and check.
if she's neutral, then no problem.
offer her a gift in the trade window, and then give her either really expensive potions or gold.

if you can't get the trade window, then just separate out 500 gold from your stash and click it on her. she likes money. and usually comes around right nicely.

also, EVERYONE and EVERYTHING in the game has a red outline from a distance. so that means nothing. its only bad if they have a red outline when you're standing right next to them.

V***V

BTW:
as for her turning on ya, if you are using PP then thats prolly the root of your problem. however, she has been known to get uppity for no good reason at all. unless you accidentally killed local HLL. or if you hurt her "friend", whatsisname at the HLL building... Tramain. she's very supportive of the local police department.

OR...
it could be if you have patched the game, that PP is finally catching up. you PP and PP and you THINK you're getting away with murder, but you're not. they remember. and after awhile, they reach the last straw. finally they get it thru their thick heads that: a) you come in, b) stuff is missing when you leave, and c) ohhhhh! you're the one who took it.

that's random based on what you take, how often you take it, etc. reloading doesn't seem to diminish this, either. the only way around it is to take notes on the pattern each time you take things. you can be safe ALL the time, if you stop after the first warning. it's when you bypass it and encounter several warnings and then the final "caught" that makes their attitude change faster. but, since you can find out the pattern for each attempt, its not a problem. just gotta pay more attention to their reactions to what you do.

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: vesselle ]

Old 01-26-2002, 09:22 PM   #5
Macatron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the input vesselle, but I'm afraid that I don't know how to separate 500 gold from my party's main stash. I tried left and right clicking on the box that displays my party's gold amount, but it didn't do anything. Then I tried clicking on the split button, and then on the same box but it didn't do anything. Please let me know because this sounds like a great idea, and I'd like to try it out. Thanks
Old 01-26-2002, 09:53 PM   #6
vesselle
Hathor

well, lessee if i remember it the right way...
click on Anna
click on trade
click on give
highlight "Party Gold" to make it blue (should be first on the list)
to the lower right you see your gold displayed
click the big Green GIVE button
you should see a "separate" icon appear under the word "GIVE"
click the icon

a new small window appears in the center of the screen

either scroll thru the amount or type in how much you want to give her

now look in the lower right of the "green Give" window... in the lowermost corner you should see an amount, say $10 Bazillion

thats where you confirm one last time that you put in the correct amount and that you REALLY and TRULY this time want to give it to her!

click the Green Give button one last time.

she'll prolly say something droll like "you're okay in my books, young'un"

hehe. kinda long process, huh?

V***V
Old 01-26-2002, 10:18 PM   #7
Macatron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, vesselle, that's just thing. Like I mentioned earlier, I can't get her to the trade/give window, so I can't give her gold that way. But I recall from the post the you made earlier that you could do this outside of the trade/give window (your quote) "if you can't get the trade window, then just separate out 500 gold from your stash and click it on her. she likes money. and usually comes around right nicely." This is what I was asking you about in my last post. Is there really a way to separate your gold outside of the trade/give window because I can't get her to actually talk to me. Thanks again
Old 01-26-2002, 11:04 PM   #8
vesselle
Hathor

you know, i guess i have to take that back because i have been trying to do that and can't. at least not with her.

i ticked off myles and was able to give him money, but it turns out he wasn't really red to me. i just assumed since he yelled and screamed at me that he was going to go bad on me. gave him 500 gp and he was all kissy face with me again. [img]smile.gif[/img]

so... i did an experiment.

there's hope. i teed off anna in an old save and got her to get neutral to me. and i couldn't open the trade window like you said is happening to you.

so, i worked around that. i started giving her goodies. mostly she doesn't like a lot of stuff. BUT, she is Higardi after all, and has her likes and dislikes.

i gave her 3 potions of cure condition (in one group) and she took 'em. but still remained red.
i gave her some nice armor (well, pretty nice for that point in the game) and she took it, but was still red.
i gave her some barbed arrows, which she took, but didn't warm up.

i then gave her 2 pots of Renewal and she was all over me like i was a Goddess descended from Heaven Above. but most great of all, she wasn't red anymore!

now, i had those in my inventory because i have been practicing my alchemy on my 2 Bishops, and that's something they just learned to make.

however, Lord Braffit usually has several of those in his inventory. they are not cheap, but considering how important Anna is to a gadgie, well worth it.

umm. you might not want to steal them from him, in case he gets mad, too

i will have my bishops say prayers for you while you try this out!

V***V
Old 01-27-2002, 12:20 AM   #9
Macatron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, vesselle, I tried giving her a potion of Renewal, but I don't know if I went about it the correct way. The only way that I can figure that you could give her something would be to go to one of your PC's inventories and then grab the item you want, and then go back to the game screen and click the item on the NPC. Anyway, this method didn't work. She just keeps saying,"Bunch of Flippin' Aliens!" everytime I clicked the item on her (or any time that I try taking to her for that matter). So PLEASE tell me that I'm doing somthing wrong. But if I'm not then, I REALLY do appreciate all of your help. You have really went out of you way to help a fellow RPG'er. Thanks again.

Jason
Old 01-27-2002, 12:45 AM   #10
vesselle
Hathor

ack! if she says that, then she's pretty miffed at you. have you checked your log to see if it might be posted in there about alienating her? i'm really not sure if it would be, but it might.

i'm sorry, but i don't remember if you said she was neutral or worse? neutral is actually okay, because it will wear off, given time. and it's fairly easy to buy her off, or charm her around.

anyway, if she won't take the potion, and that's the right way to do it, try some other things that are "high ticket" items. you may hit on something else that she prefers. you know how sometimes when you put something in one of your char's back pack, and she goes "Wow! that's the stuff! i really wanted that, thanks!".... well that's the kind of thing you want to find to give Anna.

other than that, there are only a few other options. none of which are much fun.

~just let her be for awhile. sometimes time will help.

~do you have a bard? if you do, try having her use the viola d'amore on her. she can stand around and play it till anna's attitude softens a bit. i suggest that because trying a regular charm spell won't work, because it remains greyed out.

~go back to a previous save. (always the least fun, for any number of reasons. it messes my game up from a rp-ing standpoint. if your last save is a long time ago, it messes it up from a practical standpoint).

i'm very sorry this happened to you. ::gives you a half hearted smile:: it WOULD haveta be anna, too, huh? the one trader who has the stuff you need.

V***V

ps: if i think of anything else, i will letcha know!

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: vesselle ]