Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2001, 11:15 AM   #1
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Why don`t Sir-Tech get an publisher?? Wizardry 8 must be the best game in the world to be a publisher for and the game will have maby sold more if they have one.
But i hope the game beeing an best seller of time (1000000 copys)so maby the Curries will make an Wizardry 9, 10 and so on!
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 11:36 AM   #2
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

I would love additional Wizardry games... but (don't know for sure, so not including a spoiler), something tells me the way this one ends, will really be an end to the series.
Old 12-07-2001, 11:43 AM   #3
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by Vaprakgruumsh:
I would love additional Wizardry games... but (don't know for sure, so not including a spoiler), something tells me the way this one ends, will really be an end to the series.

Well, even if the game ends with all of the heroes and main characters being killed or something like that, the intro of Wizardry 9 can be of the place where it happened and a hand thrusting it's way up through the rubble and one of them having survived.... Or perhaps someone finding the place where they died and gathering up all of their mighty artifacts and equipment, becoming infused with their spirits and going on a mad rampage or just try to take over the world.... Lots of ways for a sequel no matter HOW the game ends.

If they made a "Doesn't look like a sequel" ending then it's probably because they expect to go out of business and don't want an unfinished saga left behind.....
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 12:44 PM   #4
Mage of Mystra
Dungeon Master

How about a completely new story for wizardry 9? Nothing to do with the previous ones and start something new.
Mage of Mystra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 01:10 PM   #5
MagiK

It's not like this is Ultima dudes, the reason the story is ending and there won't be any more Wizardry's is financial and contratual.

I think the game system is great and If this game sells well some developer might actually buy or in some other way aquire it so that a Wizardry like game can be made. Bane of the Cosmic Forge, Crusaders of the Dark Savant and now this game is the extent of the continueing story line. The games before thise were just loosely connected short stories.
Old 12-07-2001, 01:16 PM   #6
Megabot

What if wiz 9 lead us back to where wiz 7 started ? that we must find some more artifacts then we will be transported to a new world to continue the saga maby Dark Savant`s brother that have something nasty he he i dont knove but, somthing make me feeling that we need to get back to the Danes in Wiz 7....

If they made a "Doesn't look like a sequel" ending then it's probably because they expect to go out of business and don't want an unfinished saga left behind.....

I do hope you don`t have right on that one above.. i am sure they have plenty of ideas of an sequel to the game (wiz9) but i dont think they have waited so mutch good critics in magazines and from us players as they have got) maby they read what we are writing now and reconcider the shutdown of sir tech...

And one more thing i must say is i have NEWER seen any better customer support in the my gaming history than SirTech`s they want ALL of us fans to bee happy with the game and help us to fix save games and so on they are so nice i love them!!

I am Honored!!!

And one more thing i have seen from more companyes includet Sir-Tech they make games that are almost sure to NOT be populare like LookingGlass they used millions of $ on games like "Fligt Unlimited and "Golf games" they could used the money innsted on games like Systemshock and Thief series and Sir-Tech waysted money on games like Druids, Realms of Arc...games and Nemesis.
Look att Blizzard they ONLY use the money on : Starcraft, Diablo and Warcraft and look at Westwood they only use the money on Command and Conquer some games they dont shouldet used money for is: The last Dune game (Damn 3d crap), Kyrandia, Sole Survible and that stupid game Nox and more!!

PS I am sorry for my bad english spelling but i hope you all understand what i writing.
Old 12-07-2001, 06:10 PM   #7
vesselle
Hathor

~~megabot~~

don't worry bout your english. if someone can't understand you, they will make it clear!

besides, you're a fellow Taffer, we gotta stick together! i agree with you, sir-tech has shown a level of support for their game that is unheard of in the industry. and it really is an honor to associate with them.

one thing, tho, remember this... even if sir-tech can't do another Wizardry game, all those talented and caring people are NOT going to stop making games. and hopefully, their way of game making will affect the people they work with. it was the same with looking glass studios... most of them are now working with warren spector on thief 3 and those that aren't working with him directly, are on call to help. when a game is as loved as wizardry and thief are, they manage to live on, directly and indirectly.

no matter what happens to sir-tech the company, i am just as interested to know where and what the designers will do, because if they keep making games, i wanna know what they are, and where i can get them.

V***V

(i hope that makes sense. i tend to ramble.....a LOT. LOLOL! as you all well know!)
Old 12-08-2001, 12:10 AM   #8
Megabot

yes fellow Taffer Vesselle you have right that the pouple is not out of bussines i am so sad because Sir-Tech is no more((((( but if we can se it from the brigth sight maby the wiz 8 engine can be licenced to other and they make a good rpg game with it then we are on the way again)
And the Looking Glass pouple work with Warren Spector on Thief 3 so THAT is some thing to se forward to and also Deuex 2 only game that is not in making is Systemshock 3 and that is bad!!
I not recived the Wizardry 8 yet so i am still waithing for the game but i have ordered the game now from www.dragon.com and they say they will ship the game to ASAP so i have somthing good to look forward to he he!!
I have maxed out the demo level 10 party and they canot level up any more in the demo so i quit playing the demo.
I for play the boring "Pool of Radiance" wail i wait for Wiz 8;(
Old 12-08-2001, 04:20 AM   #9
Moni

Well, doesn't "Having all the knowledge of The Cosmic Lords" enable a universe to be created?

I'll hold out hold til my hands are too cripple to play.
Old 12-08-2001, 03:40 PM   #10
Nydlari
Manshoon

I would love to see another Wizardry come out, but I don't think I'd want it tagging along on this story line. 6,7,& 8 were a trilogy and that's why their stories went together. The rest of the games were just tied together by the character system. If 9 comes out, it should let this story lie, and come out with a new one in the same universe, no character imports or NPCs from 8 showing up. Find a new planet (or 2), a new quest, a new villian, and let us have at them.
Nydlari is offline   Reply With Quote