Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 01-21-2002, 08:58 PM   #1
Nester
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How do they die!!!!!!
Nester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 09:43 PM   #2
fable
Quintesson

Um, you want to run that one by me again? I'm afraid I don't understand the context of your question (other than the endless exclamation points, which nearly blinded me, and were in any case wrong--you want a single question mark).
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 08:52 AM   #3
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

How about a rephrase---in Trials of the Luremaster, how do you kill the revenants? Is that what you want to ask?

Well, I simply walk up and look them in the eye and sweetly say, "Make this easy on yourselves. Hold still while I smite thee." And while they are busy postering and bluffing, proceed to do just that!

Seriously!!!
Old 01-22-2002, 08:59 AM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

When my party hit the revenants, my cleric was capped out ... so he simply told the undead to "go away, don't bother me". And most of them did!

General tip: Some creatures have to be attacked with certain forms of damage to actually be killed. Your generic trolls must be attacked with FIRE or ACID once they fall in order to make sure they are actually dead. Revenants are the same, I believe. Once a Revenant falls, hit it with a weapon that also does fire damage (the fire flail comes to mind immediately), toss a pot of burning oil on it, or cast burning hands, aganazzar's scorcher or something similiar on the prone form of the creature! That will put the coup de grace on it and destroy it finally.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 05:48 PM   #5
Nester
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Nope none of that works, guess you didn't kill them
Nester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 06:27 PM   #6
Warboss
Elite Waterdeep Guard

fire, Fire, FIRE heeheehaahaahoo! <--- the pyro solution

acid works too
Old 01-22-2002, 09:50 PM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Nester,

I just replayed it twice, once on regular difficulty and once on HOF mode, and i left my clerics turning ability off so he wouldn;t vaporize them. BOTH times, I got the revenants to almost dead, backed off EVERYONE except for one fighter with the fire flail. POOF! ONE HIT, and the revenant takes fire damage and he's dead. I have NO idea why it doesn;t work for you. BUT that strategy DOES work! And no I am not thinking about the crypt things, the blast skeletons or any other undead in there. This worked against the revenants!

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote