Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2002, 04:48 PM   #1
Throrgrim
Drow Warrior

right guyz, i've been searchin the web for pics to use for makin portraits, and i got brilliant stuff. here is a list:
Harry Potter (for all u HP fans and ones that just want a laugh!)
A Necromancer (one fun portrait i found)
An Angel/ Avariel (with a nifty sword, aeries mum perhaps?)
Brendon Fraser (in the mummy returns nifty axe)
The bloke who played imhotep (the mummy, the mummy returns)

I think my favourite is harry potter (no jokes plz) but i dunno. if u would like a copy of one, i could send u one free of charge. besides, saves ya spending hours makin em urselves (well not hours, but precious minutes when u could be playing baldurs gate!!)
i'll look for loads more as well. if u cant be bothered to email me for a portrait, this is how i find them:
go to google.com, image search. type in things like "Dungeons and Dragons", "Harry Potter + Daniel Radcliffe" and stuff like that. i also used paint to make my portraits, so its not hard.
have fun makin
Old 11-23-2002, 05:15 PM   #2
Throrgrim
Drow Warrior

sorry for double post everyone

new portraits:
Jedi Master Yoda (a must see!)
Jedi Master Windu (quite cool if i do say so myself!)
Old 11-23-2002, 05:25 PM   #3
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Yeeeeees........isn't providing a link easier?

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 05:30 PM   #4
Throrgrim
Drow Warrior

nope cos they aint on the internet. these are custom made by me. i found posters, photos, pics etc. and scanned them. i then cut them down to size using paint, and i havent got a web page so i cant provide a link can i?
Old 11-23-2002, 05:35 PM   #5
Sir Exxon
Zartan

I think you should show them here in the public. Simply make a .jpg version of them, upload them at some free image hosting-service (like ranchoweb), and then post them here. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 06:05 PM   #6
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Here's a good Assassin portrait

Old 11-23-2002, 06:54 PM   #7
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

A few more good ones

Edited them all myself.
Old 11-24-2002, 03:05 AM   #8
Throrgrim
Drow Warrior

how do i upload pics then?
[add] i was makin a jedi knight 2 web page, and could add on BG2. is it illegal to use pics i found (like yoda) on MY web page?

[ 11-24-2002, 03:17 AM: Message edited by: Throrgrim ]
Old 11-24-2002, 07:02 AM   #9
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Throrgrim:
how do i upload pics then?
[add] i was makin a jedi knight 2 web page, and could add on BG2. is it illegal to use pics i found (like yoda) on MY web page?
1) Sign up an account at ranchoweb.com, and sign in. Now go to the section called 'Upload Files'. There you will see 5 places where you can browse through your own files. Click on any of the 'Browse', select the picture you want to upload, and click 'Upload'. When it is uploaded, ranchoweb may crash, but then just sign in again, go to the section called 'View/Delete Files', and you'll find your uploaded image quite fast.
Copy the url, post it here between ["img"] and ["/img"], without the quote marks, and we'll see them! [img]smile.gif[/img]

2) Go to the website where you found the picture. If it is written anywhere there, usually at the bottom, that the page is Copyrighted, then you must first ask the webmaster for permission to use the picture.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote