Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2006, 08:20 PM   #1
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

I bought NVN when it first came out and wasnt overly fond of it, the storyline was slow, boring and horrible (Though maybe I was expecting too much from it after games like Baldurs gate, IWD and PST), and the few mods I downloaded at the time were just as bad, in the end I gave the game away to a friend, although he tells me that the two offical expansion packs that were released were actually good.

So how does NWN compare to the new game? The graphics dont really interest me I just want to know whether I'm going to be bored to tears again playing the main campaign that comes with the game? I know that there will be many mods released before the game is old and grey, but in my experience with fan mods, I find that for every good one thats released, a hundred bad ones are also released. So finding a mod worth playing can sometimes be like looking for a fart in a Jacuzzi.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:43 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Agreed about fan mods. I don't like to play anything that is amatuer because I invest time into it and instead find myself beta testing the thing. I usually wait until a mod gets great reviews and patches and then try it.

The OC here is far better than the NWN's OC. There is tons in it and I think you would like it. The interface and controls arenn't as intuitive and the camera can be annoying however all this is being looked into with a patch very soon. If it's a good OC you're after NWN 2 is for you. The toolset etc. don't really compare. That and the fact that multiplayer is dead at the moment.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:20 PM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Just buy it. You know you're going to anyway and I'm tired of comparing them all the time. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2006, 11:47 PM   #4
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Ok thanks for the response, I might give it a try.

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
Just buy it. You know you're going to anyway and I'm tired of comparing them all the time. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
lol you think we are all made of money? I dont buy too many games nowadays too many bills to fork out for and a family to look after, just to emphasize my point the last game I got was on my B-day (17th of Feb). So on the rare occasions I do now buy a game, I like to make sure that its going to be worth the money and not a disapointment.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:13 AM   #5
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

This Is a game well worth the money and has a bit of the old Baldur's Gate feel to it. It starts a little slow but then picks up and then the story starts to unfold and lead you into a that world of D&D that so many have tried to create.
I Don't want to spoil it for you so I'll just say I really like NWN2 and I think you will enjoy it.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:11 AM   #6
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
lol you think we are all made of money? I dont buy too many games nowadays too many bills to fork out for and a family to look after, just to emphasize my point the last game I got was on my B-day (17th of Feb). So on the rare occasions I do now buy a game, I like to make sure that its going to be worth the money and not a disapointment.
AH, but I was right wasn't I? You're going to get it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 11-21-2006, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:38 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Ok thanks for the response, I might give it a try.

quote:
lol you think we are all made of money? I dont buy too many games nowadays too many bills to fork out for and a family to look after, just to emphasize my point the last game I got was on my B-day (17th of Feb). So on the rare occasions I do now buy a game, I like to make sure that its going to be worth the money and not a disapointment. [/QUOTE]Just make sure your system can run it, that will add greatly to the enjoyment. The major gripes about this game have not really been about gameplay, but with getting it to run smoothly on systems.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 05:41 PM   #8
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
quote:
AH, but I was right wasn't I? You're going to get it. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Maybe one day in the future, for now I've settled for an imported version of Final fantasy 12.