Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-20-2004, 04:45 PM   #11
Gxc
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
quote:
Originally posted by burnzey boi:
you know that time where kids get out get candy and eat it at their homes? well im scared that when I go trick o treating some1's gonna expect candy. but if im not home, they'll probably think im cheap and start ditching eggs at my house..
should i stay home and guard or go out and take the risk?
well, you could put out a bowl of treats, but most likely the first person will take all of it..... [/QUOTE]Yeah usually Id put out some candy.. But I dont egg peoples houses if you they dont have candy.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:09 PM   #12
SomeGuy
Unicorn

I love Fall too, always have. But this year it's a little disapointing. The days are too warm, I love Fall because of the leaves and such, but the tempature and weather too, I don't want anymore heat, bring on the cold.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 10-20-2004, 05:26 PM   #13
Arvon
Unicorn

Here in NoCal they are having more Halloween parties run by the town. The kids can parade in their costumes and they get candy from the merchants. There have been too many mean people giving away 'spiked' candy ( you know with pins, drugs and exLax).

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 10-20-2004, 05:43 PM   #14
Sythe
Ra

Just a quick question when is it too old to be trick or treating?
Old 10-20-2004, 06:07 PM   #15
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Never, man. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise either. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2004, 11:39 PM   #16
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... I've always heard the warnings about people putting stuff into halloween candy, but I'm not sure if I can remember one case being really reported in the news. I strongly suspect it's another built-up urban legend...

In any case, Halloween is my son's birthday. Every time he ages another year, the whole US (and a few other places) will be celebrating [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:46 PM   #17
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Hmmm... I've always heard the warnings about people putting stuff into halloween candy, but I'm not sure if I can remember one case being really reported in the news. I strongly suspect it's another built-up urban legend...
I watched a news report on it a while ago, and only two kids have ever died from "razorblades" in the candy. Although apparently there have been a few acidents with people sabotaging the "bobbing for apples" games.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:10 AM   #18
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

and there are murderas around the place.. scarey!

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
Old 10-21-2004, 08:28 AM   #19
valknova
Elite Waterdeep Guard

its lost a lot of its meaning since it got christianised from Samhain soul-cake night and the doors between the land of the living and the dead being open on that night.In the UK this day was seen as a festival of closure, when the souls of departed friends and relatives who'd died in the previous 12 months could finally go through the door. Or at least,thats one of the main theories,its hard to be sure because the Puritans torched not only the stories but also the storytellers too.
Anyhows, that sense of closure is now gone,and the festival of the dead is just an excuse to wear plastic masks made by barely-paid workers in the East. I think one of the reasons people in the modern UK has such a problem dealing with bereavement today is because we don't have a soul-night anymore where the spirits can cross over,and the families can have emotional closure and move on with their lives. Thats the problem with wiping out pagan beliefs that existed for 60,000 years, many of those beliefs were there for a reason.Ho hum.

Anyway, trick-or-treaters get a much friendlier reception at my house than the Carol-Singers do. Carol singers just go straight into the boiling pot, hymn-sheets & all. A nice hot soup is perfect during those chilly winter months.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:58 AM   #20
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

cristmas is the best in australia, u can wear thongs, go swimming in your pool with your relies and dont forget the best bit, PRESENTS! But some people say its realy not about the presents its about getting together and enjoying those times.

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM