Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-01-2004, 09:39 PM   #31
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Thanks Stormy, I didn't know you held me in such high regard.

Ah, my predicting skills are as good as I thought Johnny you are too predictable man - check out my post 8th from top

So Johnny your "gf" is actually a man?
quote:

I didn't notice a single thing of whatever my girlfriend's reaction was. He told me the next day
[/QUOTE]ROFL... that's the worst typo i've ever made. But it fits right in this story, wouldn't you say so ?
Old 06-02-2004, 12:52 AM   #32
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
now that is just plain gross
But awesome in that it perfectly represents the proper form of gender relations and male/female role definition [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2004, 02:40 AM   #33
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Heheh, well at jazz practise in the morning a few years ago my friend and I arrived before the lead alto player and broke into his locker, then proceeded to pad the inside of his sax with...pads. Feminine pads He wasn't to amused but everyone else thought it was hilarious.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:41 AM   #34
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
now that is just plain gross
But awesome in that it perfectly represents the proper form of gender relations and male/female role definition [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Dude, has anyone ever told you, you have a twisted mind and should seek councelling? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Also, I should just mention that my entire Ironworks presence is an example of the topic of this thread.

[ 06-02-2004, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Old 06-02-2004, 08:54 AM   #35
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Hm.. at some point, I was having a particulairy bad day. I had a large (so-called) 'Knowledge of the World' test in the early morning, and I was pretty much still asleep when I returned to school afterwards. Now, one thing you need to know about these tests is that one always gets to take the question form home. Needless to say, everyone always writes their answers down on said form so they can be compared to the answers of other people. First thing I did after completing my test was returning to school for coffee. I started by entering the building, tripping over some wire, and pulling an intire powerbox from the wall. Unfortunately, that wasn't quite the worst thing that would happen that morning. As I was waiting in line for the coffee machine, I was standing next to this guy from Belgium. He was a part-time student (I do fulltime) and was to take his KotW test in the evening. He admitted to being slightly worried about the test. Since he was from Belgium, and didn't really know anything about Dutch politics (about which you get a number of questions). So I figured it wouldn't hurt to explain the line of questioning to him. Unfortunately, I (being the ignorant gith that I am) was oblivious to the fact that their test was identical to my own (as it turned out - he didn't have a clue either). So after showing him several questions (with him being quite happy about that) I just gave him my copy of the test. Figuring it would help if he knew what kind of questions he could expect. Now, the guy (being the nice person that he was) figured it would be rude to hoard all that knowledge to himself, and made a large number of copies which he gave to his fellow students. To make a long story short, one of our profesors found out. Luckily for me, she was kind enough to keep the knowledge to herself, but I've been on her black list ever since.

[ 06-02-2004, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]
Old 06-02-2004, 09:19 AM   #36
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Hmm one thing I've always wondered about: why is it that in American films about college/university all lecturers are always "professors" (seems to apply in Netherlands as well, Dreamer? ) It takes a long time to reach the level of professor: at least at our university, you have to first be a lecturer, then a senior lecturer, then a reader, then something else, then a professor if you get your own research group or at least sub-group to lead. There are very few professors - only those most distinguished in their field. Does this mean that in those american films they use the title "professor" very loosely or is everyone most distinguished just because they lecture?

sorry for OT but a quick answer will do then we can get back to topic [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 06-02-2004, 09:24 AM   #37
Melusine
Dracolisk

LOL, Vaskez - no you're right. In the Netherlands we have a system resembling yours, not resembling the Hollywood one. I have only two professors in my section (i.e. the English section): the Professor of Literature and the Professor of Linguistics. They are Heads of their respective departments.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:38 AM   #38
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I think part of it is that the term "professor" has different meanings inside and outside the university setting.

Inside, there are different degrees of professor, including assistant prof, associate prof, and finally, prof. I honestly have no clue what the difference is, but I'm sure some teachers union does.

Outside, "professor" means "uni-level teacher", and encompasses all three (or more) classifications.

Leastways, that's my take on it [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.