Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2001, 05:39 PM   #1
Debaser

while my evil fighter/mage/thief was looting the Temple of Helm in Athkatla, i found a flask (i forget the exact name of it) something starting w/ an F (someon's name)...it says something about it making anybody who drinks it but an ogre vomit. does anybody know what this is for?
Old 12-03-2001, 05:53 PM   #2
SecretMaster
Apophis

I found it. Note how each temple has its "special Item". When I played a good party, I had to steal the talos Necklace. When i was evil, i had to steal a statue from the Lathander. So i guess for neatral thieves, you must steal that potion. its a guess, and you get that quest from Mae'var
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 09:11 PM   #3
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

I seem to remember it's the same flask that you get when you have Mazzy in the party and encounter that ogre near the CC.
Old 12-03-2001, 09:12 PM   #4
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Well you don't go to the temple of helm for Maevar's quests if you're a neutral thief, at least I didn't.

I think it is one of those items like the empty potion bottles that were originally part of a quest which was scrapped. I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 12-04-2001, 12:06 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

It is used in one of Mazzy's quests.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 04:20 AM   #6
Levithikus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How do I get the statue out of that save without triggering the alarm ? I tried it invisible and hidden in the shadows, but they saw me every time !

Thx for any reply.

Cheers
Levithikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 06:55 AM   #7
Anarion

quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
I found it. Note how each temple has its "special Item". When I played a good party, I had to steal the talos Necklace. When i was evil, i had to steal a statue from the Lathander. So i guess for neatral thieves, you must steal that potion. its a guess, and you get that quest from Mae'var

What good do the items do apart from that
Old 12-06-2001, 07:29 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Levithikus:
How do I get the statue out of that save without triggering the alarm ? I tried it invisible and hidden in the shadows, but they saw me every time !
Thx for any reply.
Cheers

Sadly, there does not seem to be any way to avoid it. So you have to kill all the Clerics in there. Do not worry, you will not lose reputation points and only the Lathander Clerics will go hostile.
Old 12-06-2001, 08:08 AM   #9
Levithikus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This should be no problem...

And you are gettimg 4000 Exp for every guard

Cheers
Levithikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 08:13 AM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Levithikus:
This should be no problem...
And you are gettimg 4000 Exp for every guard
Cheers

Just a little note, this will affect a particular future quest. If you have not done the Cult of the Unseeing Eye Quest yet, you may want to do that one first. As you can recall, one of the subsequent subquests requires you to work for the Temple of Lathander. If you kill the Lathander Clerics now, you will not be able to complete that quest as the contact you are supposed to meet will be pushing up daisies by then.

[ADD]
Oh, and before I forget. Welcome to the Ironworks Forums.
[/ADD]