Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2004, 11:38 AM   #1
Radek
Red Dragon

As we know, Xydusa that shows herself when you enter the Temple for the first time is a "fake Xydusa". She is supposed to show herself and vanish from the game. As we also know, the fake Xydusa often sticks between side pillars on her way through the passageway. In the latter case, the fake Xydusa remains in the passageway forever.
The hanging fake Xydusa is usually no problem. You can jump over the side pillar where she is stuck and continue your way. But it can happen that the fake Xydusa hangs such a way that she blocks the whole cross section of the passageway by her fat head. You cannot jump over her at all. It happened to me yesterday.

If it happens then you cannot reach the switch, which removes the wall on your way to the elevator maze. Therefore:

- If you haven't set a portal somewhere in the Temple then the game is lost. You cannot leave the Xydusa rooms and the Temple. Your only possibilities are Reset Adventures and Revert Adventures. The latter possibility solves something if you haven't entered the town since your first enetering the Temple.
- The Zenmaster role is lost because you cannot reach the Tome of Fire.
- The Snakeskin trait is lost because you cannot reach Elysia.
- For the same reason, the Masque of Evil is lost, Haleabus cannot be killed, and D'Soto cannot be freed.

Well, you can reach the Mavin Sword by killing Erathsmedor but both Zenmaster role and Snakeskin trait are lost definitely. Nasty, very nasty! I have tried the following:

- You cannot vanish the fake Xydusa. You cannot push her away.
- You cannot vanisch past the fake Xydusa. You will be always "reflected" into the round Xydusa room.
- You cannot kill the fake Xydusa. She is completely invulnerable.
- You cannot vanish through the grate near the backdoor to the Temple.
- You cannot vanish through the wall that should be removed by the switch.
- You cannot vanish through the side door, which can be opened by monsters but not by you yourself.
- You cannot vanish through the secret door, which is opened by the Skull Key.

The end. I was saved by Revert Adventures because I was doing the Temple in a single pass so that I entered the the Temple for the first time again after Revert Adventures. But this is not the usual case. You will usually enter the town during your work in the Temple. Now, Revert Adventures solves nothing: the fake Xydusa is already hanging in the passageway and she will hang there after reverting adventures, too. Nasty!

Always make a special save before you click the lever on the backdoor of the Temple for the first time! Keep the special save until you see that you won't have any problems with the fake Xydusa!

The special save can solve the problem. Well, you will need to do the whole Temple again but you can continue the game.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:47 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Wow, Radek! That sure stinketh

I'm glad you were able to restart successfully. You might want to add this to Best Tips... yet another reason to Save Early and Save Often.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 04:23 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Wow!!! That was an awful problem!

Glad you were able restore your game and continue!

And the best advice remains: Save Save Save Save Save!

I always did a save before entering a dungeon, a different slot save for various places within one dungeon (sometimes 2) and a different slot save for when I'd come out, not to mention the slot reserved for before entering town! lol!!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 04:43 PM   #4
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I wish there were more than just 6 slots to save games in...

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 07:07 AM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

There is. You can just move some of your saved games away from the folder and back when you need them [img]smile.gif[/img]