Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-11-2004, 10:32 PM   #1
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

My Fellow IW'ers,

As it stands, this will be my last post as a soldier. Tomorrow I will turn in this machine, along with my other equipment of great communication abilities to the supply guy. Followed by the great departure and soon to be snow covered travel back to NE Oregon, where I will turn in the rest of 'their' stuff. Then the hard travel to where home awaits in The Bluegrass State. The plan is to be home for Thanksgiving weekend festivities.

This will begin the conclusion of my 23yr 3 month continuous active duty career. Where has the time gone?

Peace Out!
Felix

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:43 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Congratulations Soldier [img]smile.gif[/img] (hope I'm not too late). And have a safe trip back home. Sounds like it is time for you to begin a new life. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-11-2004, 10:55 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Congrats, Felix.... and thanks for what you've done.

Good luck on the new life. May it be a fulfilling adventure.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:40 PM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Interesting -- I'll be in the Bluegrass for Thanksgiving visiting family myself. Don't we have a descent contingent of Bluegrass Ironworkers these days? How many out there would be willing to meet up in, say, Lexington sometime?

Felix, I wish all soldiers got to make it 23 years. Congrats. You got that consulting job lined up?
Old 11-12-2004, 01:23 AM   #5
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Very cool, Felix! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] So, what are your plans, now?
Yeah, from what I understand, there is me and Lyle in the Bluegrass, atm. Lyle is in Lexington itself, so he could probably make a meeting very easily, as could I. Let us know if you guys are up to something. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2004, 04:01 AM   #6
wellard
Dracolisk

Congratulations ... and thanks for putting youreself on the line not just for your country but for those of us who sleep safely under the umbrella of protection that the USA offers.

23+ years WOW

Time to get a real job then Enjoy yourself Felix.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 11-12-2004, 05:42 AM   #7
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Good going Felix, 23 years is a long time! What have you got lined up now?
Old 11-12-2004, 07:00 AM   #8
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix The Assassin:
My Fellow IW'ers,

As it stands, this will be my last post as a soldier. Tomorrow I will turn in this machine, along with my other equipment of great communication abilities to the supply guy. Followed by the great departure and soon to be snow covered travel back to NE Oregon, where I will turn in the rest of 'their' stuff. Then the hard travel to where home awaits in The Bluegrass State. The plan is to be home for Thanksgiving weekend festivities.

This will begin the conclusion of my 23yr 3 month continuous active duty career. Where has the time gone?

Peace Out!
Felix
Well, fellow Emerald Dragon (and even that will come to pass..), may your transition to the Civilian world be a smooth one. And may you recieve the same respect as those we remembered yesterday (on Veterans Day), you've earned it!
Old 11-13-2004, 01:39 AM   #9
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Way to go on the long Career. Take some time off and pick a nice realxing hobby like knitting.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:45 AM   #10
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

...I can't say how much respect I ahve for that much service...heck, I only hope I can put that much time into something that benefits people...

Oh, and yep...I kind of live in Lexington right now...my dorm's a couple of blocks from Rupp Arena, making nearly everything inside of New Circle Road within walking distance...though I seldom want to walk for more than a couple hours at a time ...

Is that what you really want to say?