Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-18-2001, 07:26 AM   #1
BALROGBANE
Zhentarim Guard

Hello forum folk. This is my first message so i hope you can help with a few basic questions.

1. Which fighter class would you recommend?

2. When dual weilding should i use more stars in weapon slots or dual weilding slots?

3. Viconnia or Jahiera?

4. Work for Bodhi or Shadow theives?

Thanks a lot.
Old 10-18-2001, 07:35 AM   #2
Tilien
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My personal opinions....

1. Depends what you want to do with them. Straight fighter is pretty dependable. Barbarian is an ok choice. Kensai works well for dual classing to a mage or a theif. I'd go with a Fighter or Kensai myself, but then I always dual class.

2. I'd put two in each at least. If you want more than one weapon type, I'd put two in the dual weild skill to minimise the penalty in your off hand, and then split your other points in your weapon skills of choice. Bear in mind that you'll gain more skill points as you progress.

3. Jahiera every time.

4. The two options are in place to account for your party alignment. Shadow Thieves are for the good party, and Bodhi is for the evil one. You risk losing party members if you take Bodhi with good characters.

Hope that helps, and welcome to the boards

------------------
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by Tilien (edited 10-18-2001).]
Old 10-18-2001, 07:52 AM   #3
evilburn
Welcomed New User

1. If i choose Fighter class i just go with ordinary strong and healthy fighter.

2. I would choose more on wepon slots and just one or two in dual.

3. Jahiera is far much better.

4. Are you a good or an evil person?
Good = Shadow Thieves
Evil = Bodhi
Old 10-18-2001, 09:14 AM   #4
tehmpus
The Magister

Dwarven Berzerker Warrior is the way to go. Duel wielding is the wrong idea tho. AC is too important. I suggest putting everything into longsword until you get it up to grandmaster level, then toss a few points into sword&shield or a ranged weapon. The other guys pretty much answered your other questions.

------------------
Tehmpus Thales the permanently InSaNe
Old 10-18-2001, 09:25 AM   #5
StarVid
Elminster

1. If going for a fighter class, your best bet would -probably- be a dwarven beserker with *'s in Axes and dual wield. This way you'll have a ranged weapon (throwing axes), even though beserkers can't use (or is it specialize) in ranged weapons. It would be even better if you brought a dwarven fighter in from BG1 because then you can max out Con. in character creating and then use a tome to get it to 20 and have a regenerating fighter.

2. That's a tough question. though I'd probably even it out, make sure that you have at least 3 in dual wield though. Frankly, grandmastery isn't as cool as it was in BG1, they toned it down hugely.

3. Both. I couldn't play without them. The only thing that I don't like about Vic is that she can't turn undead, she can only control them, which isn't bad because you get more allies on your side, but at the same time, it's a pain in the ass if you want to kill them.

4. I'd go with the Shadow Thieves, but I always play a good party so...
Old 10-18-2001, 09:40 AM   #6
mitsos

About the number 3:
Viconia is a cleric but Jaheira a druid. There is a difference in the spells. As you need both a cleric and a druid to make the game easier, I would advise you to keep Jaheira anyway and choose between Aerie (or even Anomen) if you're good and Viconia if you're evil.