Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2001, 10:12 AM   #1
Goat Boy
Welcomed New User

I get through irenicuses dungeon sell my booty in the promenade twat that circus nonce and leave to the slums only thing is half way through the load it dies with no error message. I`ve reinstalled 3 times with both patches for SOA and TOB and tried the beta TOB patch but still nothing, any ideas?

Win 98 SE with all updates
1.33Ghz AMD
ASUS A7M266
512Mb pc2100
Hercules Geforce 2 MX
SOundblaster live
Direct x 8.1
Hercules 21.81 drivers
Goat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 10:59 AM   #2
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

Hm, I naver had a problem with BG and Win98. However, is BG the only program or are other programs also giving problems? If this is the case, try to "clean up" your windows by removing all kinds of proggies which are running in the background (at least as long as you are running BG), defrag your HD.
In some cases a complete new installation of your OS will perhaps help (at least in the past, when my win was older than 9 months and i installed and removed a lot of programs, this helped).
The graphics driver, however should not be the problem, because I use the same nvidia driver also on Win98Se.

Sorry that I couldn´t give you any specific advice.
Chris77Se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 12:35 PM   #3
Goat Boy
Welcomed New User

All installs are brand new, defragged and thorough scan disked, with all detrirus removed i know how to take care of windows [img]smile.gif[/img]

And the only problem is BG which is really yanking my crank
Goat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 06:06 PM   #4
Kezardin
Elminster

Goat Boy,

one suggestion :

- install SOA using 'recommended' install - not minimal or full.
- install TOB
- install appropriate TOB 26498 patch.
- run BGCONFIG and turn 3D effects off

Kez
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote