Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-23-2001, 01:27 PM   #41
tusitha

yes, this is quite interesting.....

I have both Aerie and Jaheira in my party and my Paladin was flirting mercilessly with both of them, trying to be the next casanova I guess. Came to the point where it almost came to blows between Jah and Aerie, I was approached and forced to decide just who to continue the romance with.... Man I just wish there was a dialog option alnog the lines of "Can we talk about this some other time?" or "Wouldn't it be nice to have you BOTH?"... hehe.

I chose Jah and holy crap Aerie nearly died, she stopped talking to me ever since, can't say I blame ha. Jah is real challenge and I find myself reloading the MOST whenever the conversation initiated with her, since the dialogue is quite tricky, sometimes what you say may actually offend her even though they "sound" sincere. I guess I should'a stuck to aerie since I've been reloading more times than playing the game whenever Jah becomes soft, also Aerie is kinda easy to have romance with I guess. I'll pass viconia for now since my character is lawful good and I'm trying to maintain a decent rep, just to keep jah happy. I suppose in my second game, I'll go with neutral alignment, allows more "flexibility".

I think the developers did the right thing in including romance in this game or else it would have been BG1 all over again, only with a few dragons and higher res....

Old 08-23-2001, 06:11 PM   #42
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Aerie is beautiful, but I don't think she is a very good NPC
Old 08-23-2001, 06:28 PM   #43
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
Aerie is beautiful, but I don't think she is a very good NPC
Explain.

------------------
Calvin the bold the malt beer lord is in!

[This message has been edited by debiler (edited 08-23-2001).]
Old 08-24-2001, 02:12 AM   #44
Crusader
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Same thing happend to me Tusitha, but i can safley say i like Jaheira Better the Aerie.

------------------
Butt Kicking for Goodness!
Old 09-13-2001, 06:42 AM   #45
peipei_lin
The Magister

I came in this discussion a bit late, did I ???

Yes! I agree Aerie is the best. In romance, in portrait, in ability, and in attitude as well!!! Although I can't say that with her so-negative outbursts. I am always an optimistic boy in real life, and in game as a paladin as well! So I thought she have to be changed. But she did change a the end, quite relieved when I first know it.
Everytime I play BGII, I will definitely have her in my party, because she IS sweet, after you treat her well enough. On the otherhand, probably because she is a mage/cleric who can do so many things.

The only possible badpoint about Aerie is that she doesn't have enough ability on mage and clerics. I have to find another mage, or cleric to fill in in order to use level7 or level8 spells. Eg. Anomen, Imoen, Nalia.

Aerie is cool, I like her, I can't wait until I play ToB and find out how Aerie and my Paladin went along......

------------------
Great Paladin ~ Lucas
Old 09-13-2001, 06:56 AM   #46
Vampire

I've changed my Aerie to a flying Paladin with 23 Dex

------------------
Old 09-13-2001, 08:00 AM   #47
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Aerie! Aerie! Aerie! Aerie!

*takes a deep breath*

AERIE!!!!

Huff... huff... huff... ...

Heh.

I tried the Jaheira romance before, with my third Sorcerer, since so many have said good things about the romance with her... ...

Jaheira Romance Spoiler, SoA and ToB:
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
*sob* *sob* *sob* If it wasn't for the mere fact that I wanted to see the whole thing through, I would have murdered Jaheira long ago already... ...

SHE KEEPS DOUBTING ME!!!!

I.Magnus: "No, I won't give in to the Dark Side."
Jaheira : "Just wanted to make sure."
5 minutes later... ...
Ja: "How do you feel about killing?"
IM: " *grinds teeth* Sometimes we are given no choice."
Ja: "What does the taint have to say then?"
IM: " *visualises strangling motions* The taint is under control."
Ja: "How can you be so sure?"
IM: "Because if it hasn't... someone else would be dead already... ..."
Ja: "Like who?"
IM: "... ... like... Saverok, yes... like Saverok... JAheira..."
Ja: "Oh I see."
5 minutes later... ...
Ja: "Do you feel bloodthirsty?"
IM: " *makes gurgling noises and twitches* No. No no no... ..."
Ja: "Are you s~~ ~~"
~
~
~
~

ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

Bitch... ...

Note, the above is not actual conversation, but it is something like that. You have been warned... ...

Anyway... ... Aerie by far is the most rewarding so far. I intend to pursue Viconia with an Evil Necromancer soon. After Jaheira, I highly doubt she will be test of nerves... ...

And man I must say, Aerie is meowRRRR in ToB.

Go Aerie go!

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 09-13-2001, 09:28 AM   #48
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

It's very nice to see too many Aerie fans here, did you noticed the difference between Aerie Fans and others? We, The Aerie Fans.. we hail you my lady..

Who's saying that she cannot cast 8th level spells? She becomes a 25th level mage/cleric in ToB? She's more than Mystra, she's great!

Also her cute, sweet voice!!!
Ahhhhh..

I LOVE U AERIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viconia is nothing but a bitch such a drow! I dont like drows I'm a high,wood elf lover. (if female) JAhaeira's voice is blunt she's grunt so rude she's not kind she's not polite

I'll end all my post with this words..

HHMA!

(Hail to Holy Maiden Aerie)

"Not for your eyes only, also for your beatiful ears my wingless bird.."

Yngwie J. Amadeus Zoltan
Old 09-13-2001, 12:24 PM   #49
oldbittercraig
Elminster

in three words- I despise aerie.

I only occasionally use her in militantly good parties.
Old 09-13-2001, 12:35 PM   #50
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by oldbittercraig:
in three words- I despise aerie.

I only occasionally use her in militantly good parties.
You know the drill guys. Anyone who saids that gets a big:

huh...huh...must I go..go there? I I'lll do my BEST!

------------------

• Winner of EPSRC 2000 Science Website[/list]