Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2001, 04:24 PM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I will finish off Irenicus off tomorrow with my all-female party and plan to, *gasp!*, try role-playing.

I plan to create Robin Hood and his merry men.

I'm definitely using the Ranger_Archer kit for Robin Hood but I want to know which bow to use? Short Bow or Long Bow???? Quarterstaff will be his melee weapon.

Friar Tuck, should he be a Cleric or Monk???? If Cleric, what weapons should he use?

John Little, Ranger or Fighter? Besides Quarterstaff, what other weapons does John Little use?

What's the name of the Bard in the merry men gang? I remember it's Red something... ... What kind of weapons does he use?

And finally, Maid Marion, what kit???? What weapons????

Sixth slot I'll reserve for in-game NPCs.

Thanks for helping me out.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

Old 06-14-2001, 05:38 PM   #2
Pudney
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
I will finish off Irenicus off tomorrow with my all-female party and plan to, *gasp!*, try role-playing.

I plan to create Robin Hood and his merry men.

I'm definitely using the Ranger_Archer kit for Robin Hood but I want to know which bow to use? Short Bow or Long Bow???? Quarterstaff will be his melee weapon.

Friar Tuck, should he be a Cleric or Monk???? If Cleric, what weapons should he use?

John Little, Ranger or Fighter? Besides Quarterstaff, what other weapons does John Little use?

What's the name of the Bard in the merry men gang? I remember it's Red something... ... What kind of weapons does he use?

And finally, Maid Marion, what kit???? What weapons????

Sixth slot I'll reserve for in-game NPCs.

Thanks for helping me out.

Robin Hood would definately use a longbow (THE English missile weapon of his time). He would also probably use a long sword as his melee weapon (just being picky )

Friar Tuck would be a cleric using a quarterstaff.

John Little would be another archer using a longbow (Robin Hood and his merry men were very longbow based after all).

Red Scarlet is the other. He would use two daggers (including throwing daggers) but you may prefer using longswords though.
Old 06-14-2001, 05:40 PM   #3
Pudney
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Forgot 'bout Maid Marian. She never really did much in the stories so I would either make her a mage or sorceror (your choice).

Old 06-14-2001, 06:17 PM   #4
Jezzrian
Dungeon Master

Was it red scarlet, I thought it was Will Scarlett. The problem with Robin Hood is that there are so many different legends.

Definately Longsword for Robin Hood, though, as its one of the things that the legends seem to agree on. They _liked_ their swords and bows, John Little was just strange in that he seemed to like the quarterstaff.

Sounds like a fun party to play though.

Jezz
Old 06-14-2001, 06:19 PM   #5
Pudney
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Will, Red same thing to me
Old 06-14-2001, 06:54 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

So Long Sword and Long Bow for Robin then.

Quarterstaff and Long Bow for John Little.

Daggers for Will/Red Scarlet, and Harps of course.

Quarterstaff for Friar Tuck, any missile weapons that Friar Tuck uses?

Hmmmm... ... mage for Maid Marion eh? Anybody disagree?
Old 06-14-2001, 09:40 PM   #7
Famir
Dungeon Master

no no no no, friar tuck HAS to be a monk!!!
Old 06-14-2001, 11:26 PM   #8
Balor
Dungeon Master

Its Will.

And Tuck should be a Monk, Cuz thats what he was(or if you want to get technical he was a priest!)
Old 06-15-2001, 04:02 AM   #9
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

friar tuck was a monk and just a little suggestion don't have maid marion. she's a princess. whats she going to do? embroider the enemy?

------------------

Bruce The Aussie, Camp Barbarian Hunter OHF
jester of LH and Master Beastmaster of the clan of the Kats
Old 06-15-2001, 04:18 AM   #10
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

technically speaking, the cleric class was based more on righteous fighters like the Knights Templar more than simply priests that go adventuring. the only reason clerics can't use bladed weapons is an archaic/obsolete holdover from the original greyhawk/blackmoor/eldritch wizardry rules where the races and classes were far less flexible than now (e.g. all elves were fighter/mages, all halflings were theives, etc) and clerics had a stricture against drawing blood (which is ridiculous as smashing someone's skull in with a mace has the same effect). if anything, i'd make friar tuck a fighter/cleric with a fairly mediocre wisdom (13 at best).

as far as the love of staffs goes, remember they were normally fighting guerilla warfare style ambushes on the nobility and merchants. armor and metal weapons would have hindered their stealth activities. john little was a former soldier, i believe. staffs were easily available. however, they were not stupid and in a campaign that wasn't exclusively based in a forest, i see no reason why they wouldn't don chain mail at least. halberds were also a commonly used weapon.

will was the bard's name. he was called "the scarlett" because of his predilection for red (likely the source of wanting to call him "red" something)garb, which got shortened/combined to "will scarlett". also "scarlett" had a bawdy connotation, rather appropriate for many bards.

maid marion should be a commoner. she never displayed any talents beyond political/diplomacy issues. assuming she picked up some tips from robin, she could be any number of things, but i'd probably go with a thief or bard kit, though an enchantress would work (no other type of mage really fits her).