Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-08-2001, 08:10 AM   #11
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Only send one summoned creature in the beginning otherwise she will wipe them all out in one death spell. She also seems to chase after ranged and spellcasters more then the other dragons so use that to your advantage.

------------------
Meet my lawyer.
Old 05-08-2001, 08:35 AM   #12
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

If you are of level to memorize the mage spells "Lower Resistance", "Greater Malaison", and "Breach"...then you should be able to cast those on the dragon to make her susceptible to spells and such. If you cannot cast those spells yet, I would suggest that you come back to her at a later date when you are a higher level.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-08-2001, 09:14 AM   #13
SherpaDoug
Dungeon Master

Yoshi's traps can do a job on her. I consider this a ligitimate tactic, as it is what I would do if I were there. He should place his traps INSIDE the dragon's blue circle. Over a period of days he should be able to place a dozen or more traps. Then as soon as she turns hostile, the traps go off. If you don't have the patch installed you will not get any experience points for killing the dragon with traps. The patch is supposed to fix that but I haven't tried it.
Sherpa Doug
Old 05-08-2001, 09:16 AM   #14
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Sherpa...

Watch out for that tactic once ToB comes out...if you opt to install it.

Apparently, setting traps will make opponents (at least dragons) go hostile immediately.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-08-2001, 09:20 AM   #15
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I don't recomend killing dragons with traps, you really need the EXP and you also miss the satisfaction you get wenn you kill a real tuff opponent.
But i confess, i used the trick once too.
Old 05-08-2001, 09:31 AM   #16
Shrylia
Manshoon

I copied this from another forum...IT WORKS GREAT!!! "Have Arie or any cleric cast "Magic Resistance" on them while they are still non-aggressive. Not "Lower Resistance" which is an offensive spell. Now this will lower thier magic resistance from like 90 to maybe 20 depending on the clerics level..its like 2% per level. Then have Jahaira cast the Harm spell which if it hits..get this sets the health of the target down to 1. Then one single blast of magic missile will drop the great dragon..You may have to save and re-load a few times because Jahaira's thaco is not that high so she can only hit dragons with a critical hit."
Old 05-08-2001, 02:28 PM   #17
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Grilled CHEEESE sandwich yum.

------------------
Meet my lawyer.
Old 05-08-2001, 02:59 PM   #18
Gimlee
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Shrylia:
I copied this from another forum...IT WORKS GREAT!!! "Have Arie or any cleric cast "Magic Resistance" on them while they are still non-aggressive. Not "Lower Resistance" which is an offensive spell. Now this will lower thier magic resistance from like 90 to maybe 20 depending on the clerics level..its like 2% per level. Then have Jahaira cast the Harm spell which if it hits..get this sets the health of the target down to 1. Then one single blast of magic missile will drop the great dragon..You may have to save and re-load a few times because Jahaira's thaco is not that high so she can only hit dragons with a critical hit."
It's a good tactic, but if you want her to have like 2% magic resistance, cast lower magic resistance after casting magic resistance. Then, spell and chop her.
Old 05-08-2001, 04:56 PM   #19
EdMan218
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i used some pretty cheesy ways to kill dragons.
first....for the red dragon, i had some scimitars from bg1 that i got when i killed drizzt(mobbed him wit summons)then, wit a combination of haste, bless, chant, protection from fire, and some other crap, i charged the dragon...took me a few tries but hes dead. as for the shadow dragon....the help of my lvl 14 druid and my lvl 13/14 cleric/illu, u jus have to cast alot of mass-area effect spells like cloudkill and fireball. firestorm raped, but u prob dont have that yet. after a few cloudkills/icestorms...he should be pretty low on hp. jus make sure not to go too far or hell cast heal. then jus mob him. btw cast cloudkill in the area around the dragon while u cant see him yet or hell rape the crap ouuta ya..hehe
Old 06-03-2001, 11:06 AM   #20
jimmyk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I tried maybe 20 tmes,finally beat the dragon,no one but Keldorn got hurt,he died and dissapeared? Weapons and everything,anyone know where he is?