Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2004, 12:50 AM   #1
Blackknite04
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm stuck in the part of Cloakwood that i decide to help find Chelak those web traps have me stumped I have coran to have try to disarm the traps but is useless any tips on what else that I can do? thanks for your time
Old 06-28-2004, 03:59 AM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Welcome to IW!!! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Try drinking a few potions of freedom (buy some at High Hedge from Thalantyr, I'm pretty sure he has some). They will make you resistant to the webs for 10 turns (10 minutes). This can also help you fight the ettercaps and spiders, but watch out for the quicker sword spiders. They're stronger and faster than normal spiders.
Try heading in a westward direction from Tiber to find Chelak.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 10:21 AM   #3
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

you can:

come back when coran has a better find traps percentage (if that is your problem)

coran could drink potions to improve his thief
skills

you could use the cleric spell 'find traps'

you could send someone ahead in stealth to trigger the traps and jsut run out of sight of the spiders when you hear the click - you'll get held but no spiders will see you (slightly unrealistic that one but hey . . )
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 02:14 AM   #4
Blackknite04
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the tips
Old 06-30-2004, 10:16 AM   #5
Sodomatic Goat
Manshoon

Well, I use to just go slowly ahead with one of my men and when a spider or other monster is sighted just go back to the group and wait for the monster, in this way when all monsters in this place is killed just trigger the trap and wait for the effect to blow over...
Old 07-07-2004, 11:04 AM   #6
new to BG II
The Magister

Potions of perception help too.
i had Imoen who was finding traps when i was doing this part...she has to be really close to the trap and wait there for a bit before she can recognize a trap.using the find traps spell is helpful. but what i found most useful is to take the ravine portion down the map and explore that area to complete this quest than rather walk onto the center map area.
new to BG II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 11:08 PM   #7
Albromor
Mephistopheles

A thief with a high percentage in detect and remove traps is very important in Cloakwood. That is why I never took Coran. Do you have anybody else with a higher find/remove percentage in the party?

By the way, some may find it cheesy, I just believe it is very wise tactics. Get your thief and give them a potion of invisibility. Leave the rest of your party in a cleared area, i.e., cleared of all monters. Then slowly and surely find and remove traps. It works and it is roleplaying.

Oops, sorry! I didn't realize how old the original post was.

[ 07-17-2004, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: Albromor ]
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote