Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-04-2002, 05:24 PM   #11
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Krustin:
What a bunch of wusses. We've had snow up here for a couple of weeks, and we're expecting more tonight. I must admit, the freezing rain sounds nasty though.
Its cold to me, been in cuba for six years i forgot what cold was like, although you being in canada, are used to even colder weather [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2002, 05:32 PM   #12
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Yay its an ice storm! [img]tongue.gif[/img] This is killing me wallet! Oh well, I shall turn to beer for solace [img]smile.gif[/img] How bad is it up there Nano? We had a bit of snow(1/64 of an inch lol) which started to stick on the roads but the rain washed it away. Still have a white lawn though.
I figured this would put a damper on your work week.

It's 29 here now and expected to fall to about 25 with sleet and freezing really kicking in late tonight and early tomorrow morning. We should get what you guys get about an hour after your finished with it. Unfortunately, we didn't see any snow out of the deal.
Old 12-04-2002, 05:48 PM   #13
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Blind_Prophet:
quote:
What a bunch of wusses. We've had snow up here for a couple of weeks, and we're expecting more tonight. I must admit, the freezing rain sounds nasty though.
Its cold to me, been in cuba for six years i forgot what cold was like, although you being in canada, are used to even colder weather [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]It was twenty below last night, and it was -17 today. It's supposed to get warmer later in the week. Apparently, the record for this day was -29.5 in 1976.
Old 12-04-2002, 06:38 PM   #14
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Yay its an ice storm! [img]tongue.gif[/img] This is killing me wallet! Oh well, I shall turn to beer for solace [img]smile.gif[/img] How bad is it up there Nano? We had a bit of snow(1/64 of an inch lol) which started to stick on the roads but the rain washed it away. Still have a white lawn though.
It's not too bad right now; the worst is supposed to hit tonight. I just checked the Iredell-Statesville school homepage, and it turns out I don't have school tomorrow. What luck eh? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
Trust me, born in the North and living in the South has it's advantages. The guys down here are so overwhelmed by the "Storm of 2002" that they all rush to the nearest convienance store and stock up on bread and milk, like it's the third world war or something [img]tongue.gif[/img] I spent ten years up there in NY, so my experiences are far greater than this "we might get a foot" deal.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:13 PM   #15
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yea I've been around myself Nano I know how to get around but but here they.....dont. I went up to the store earlier, ice all on the road and someones tailgaiting me. Have they no sense? Apparently not! I really thought of braking for fun to see how they liked it but didnt....maybe tomorrow [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2002, 11:17 AM   #16
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

We lucked out around here! The worst of the storm went to the north of us, and we've only been inconvenienced.

Lots of downed trees and power lines, but our roads stayed clear. The tempurature actually went up a few degrees overnight, so this morning things are really looking up.

My next-door neighbor and I each lost a tree and lots of limbs from other trees. Both of our fallen trees missed another neighbor's house by less than a foot.

Now, if they'll just get my power back on. It went off at 9pm last night, and it's still down.