Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-16-2000, 03:03 PM   #1
Uncle Lester

I think it would be cooler to be able to choose the stronghold that you want. Because some strongholds REALLY suck, I suggest that Bioware makes a patch where the PC is able to choose what stronghold he wants (and if possible add a new stronghold), because when you play with a paladin, the only "real" stronghold you get is a mere room at some dump while the fighter gets his own keep... (Big difference eh?) personally I think that the paladin doesn't recieves the honor he deserves! Come on now, be honest what paladin wants to live in a crappy little room with an entire party! I say give the player a chance to choose what kind of stronghold he/she wishes for no matter what class the PC is!

Old 10-16-2000, 03:15 PM   #2
lordkymil

another suggestion would be being able to choose where to send an npc if you had to dump them for someone else temporarily. some of the npcs will nominate a place like the copper coronet or somewhere if you dump them but nalia won't. i had to drop haerdalis to get cernd to join at trademeet and he gave the option to either look for him at the five flagon inn or to wait. nalia on the other hand i had to dump when i found another npc in a dungeon levels below the surface and she says 'i'll wait for you here.' i mean, how realistic is that??? you should be able to send everyone back to the copper coronet in my opinion, unless they get the shits with you for dumping them.

Old 10-17-2000, 03:18 AM   #3
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Hmmmmm. Maybe it's cause she will/could have a romance with the protagonist? That's why she doesn't want to leave. She wants you. LOL
Old 10-17-2000, 08:25 AM   #4
Uncle Lester

Wouldn't it be cool to have a rocket launcher or a minigun in BG2? Like when some screw-up slaver tries to kill you, the only thing you say then is "Time to kick ass and chew bubble-gum, and I'm all out of bubble-gum" and then squiz the trigger and watch how that slaver gets his **s full of lead...

Old 10-17-2000, 09:17 AM   #5
louissan

YEAH!!

"You're an inspiration to birth control..."

No offense, huh?

Old 10-17-2000, 09:24 AM   #6
Uncle Lester

none taken, but personally I think that they should make a MODERN RPG for once, a bit like fallout but more realistic, one where you can travel around freely in the world (a bit like daggerfall, but with more realism and in modern age) and where YOU have to choose what to do... kind of an independant RPG...

Old 10-23-2000, 04:32 AM   #7
Mandrake
Welcomed New User

Hey I loved fallout 2 and Daggerfall had its merits. But I never felt as deeply for a game like daggerfall as I do for BG2, fallout 2 or Torment. I did like the free form of it but it was a little to sprawling. There was no real sense of direction and no epic story. A more confined game may be more linear but it also means a depth of story and character a free form game can never achieve. As for the future -v- fantasy thing? Hmmmm. I dont really care so long as the plot is good. Would be nice to see more non fantasy Rpg's though I guess! Just for a change. Anybody have any sugestions for a setting?, id be curious to see what people come up with.
Always wanted to be John Wayne or Clint Eastwood myself, anybody picture a western RPG?
Heh!