Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2005, 11:44 PM   #1
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

I originally had plain NWN installed on my computer; unfortunately, my daughter crunched the play disk. So I decided to replace it with the Platinum Edition. First I uninstalled the old version. Then, close to the beginning of the new installation, the Setup program aborts and tells me to run CriticalRebuild.exe, which is found on the DVD. When I do this it tells me that I must uninstall my old version of NWN before installing the Platinum Edition! Aaaaargh! Does anyone know of a fix for this?
Old 01-09-2005, 12:40 AM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

I would try the following.

1. Check your Add/Remove programs and make sure NWN is not there

2. Find your Neverwinternights Installation folder and delete everything inside it (Make a backup of your saves if you want to keep them)

3. Reboot your computer

4. Try installing the platinum again.

If that fails try the Bioware support forum here
Old 01-09-2005, 06:04 AM   #3
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

If deleting the installation folder doesn't do the trick, you could try firing up regedit and navigating to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> BIOWARE and deleting the NWN folder that resides there.

If possible, try to have a 'critical update free' installation - I had to use the critical update when patching up to the latest version half a year ago and its meant that I've had to download new critical updates (large) ever since whenever I want to update the version.

[ 01-09-2005, 06:06 AM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote