Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2004, 01:17 PM   #11
sgtzack
Elite Waterdeep Guard

wyvern and bungleau-thanks for the replys and help.this is the most frustrating and fun games ive ever played.cant wait to get to brimloch roon and see whats there!just a note on something funny-i teleported a toad guard to the area near isha n'ha and when i got back there from valeia he was under water!a strange sight indeed!well,onward and upward to bigger and better loot!cya!
sgtzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 01:38 PM   #12
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by sgtzack:
i teleported a toad guard to the area near isha n'ha and when i got back there from valeia he was under water!
That's awesome

It's also a fun way to kill someone without getting blamed for it...
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 02:05 PM   #13
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Glad to see you're having fun with the game [img]smile.gif[/img]

Generally, the frustration goes down as the game goes on, sgtzack. In fact, many of the quirks will become rather lovable old friends... [img]smile.gif[/img] By your second or third replay, you'll be counting on some of them...

Teleporting is a really neat spell. Bsftcs likes to teleport Mekdawa to the basement of the windmill so he'll stay in one place long enough for you to give him some potions Did the toad guard die under the water, or was he just sitting there, swimming along?

Lessee... any quirks on the Brimloch Roon side of things? Oh, there's one... beware of sailing in the southwestern seas. The water's shallow, and you can easily run aground. Fortunately, there's a way to recover from that, should it happen... [img]smile.gif[/img]

You may also find swimming to be faster than riding in your boat. I know I do...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 03:55 PM   #14
sgtzack
Elite Waterdeep Guard

no b the toadie was just standing guard like a good lil trooper alive and kickin-good idea on mekdawa-i finally found the library-it was blocked by a gate with a switch behind it i couldnt reach so i tried vanish about 6 times and finally appeared behind it.is that the only way to get there?hey-maybe ill try a port on a ratling under the windmill and see if it gets pummelled!ive seen that chick kerille or what ever her name is walking into it.blondes!!!you people on this site are really great-ive seen posts on site for everquest and some of them are really nasty putting other people down-guess thats the only way some peeps can make themselves look better-i know some in rl like that unfortunately.killed the naga and 4 of my adventurers leveled-two going two levels-nice!im trying to get thru the elevator puzzle now-guess ill take a look at the maps here-the guide book is a little confusing-maybe they rushed it to market like they did with the game!?!!?
Old 09-07-2004, 10:06 PM   #15
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

LOL! Some of the critters do that... they can breathe underwater for extended periods of time.

The switch for that gate, BTW, should have been in the serpent entrance room -- where you did the ritual and everything. If you look on the wall opposite the great serpent head, you'll notice two winglatches. They open those two gates on the sides...

Glad to see you're getting along in the game as well. It is quite enjoyable... my current party is in the serpent temple as well, about to go down to visit mother Xydusssa...

You've also mentioned one of the things I like about Ironworks as well. No one here plays "Flame the newbie". It's just not accepted, by either Ziroc, the mods, or the other posters. Perhaps it's an idyllic view of things, but I know that I enjoy gaming, and I enjoy talking with others who enjoy gaming. I've gone on other boards for different games, and generally left; it's no fun to stick around when you don't know who's going to make fun of you next. I mean, we can't all be olympic gold medalists, but we can be competitors.

And on a final note, as I see you mention it, that guide book is occasionally referred to as the Tome of Misinformation. It's mostly correct, except on the details and specifics. The maps you'll find here are much, much better. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] to bsftcs, Xignal, and others
-+-+-+
Old 09-08-2004, 04:38 AM   #16
sgtzack
Elite Waterdeep Guard

really weird that the switch to open the gate if im not losing my mind was behind the gate!maybe a glitch because i need more memory.it did open after i was past the gate and i threw the switch.kind of a 3 stooges security system!next time im in the temple ill try those other winglatches-cant believe i missed them.do they appear when spirit eye is cast?well ill turn halebus into an angus burger soon and i can go off to brimlock roon for tougher adventures.thanks again b!go buckeyes!!!
Old 09-08-2004, 08:59 AM   #17
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

That's a second switch to open the gate... kind of like hospitals that have door opening switches on both sides of the door. That one is probably there because it's conceivable that you might complete the entire temple, come out from the depths, and then find yourself on the other side of that gate.

The other winglatches should show up with spirit eye, but even if they don't, they're really easy to see.

Hmmm... and if you're just completing the serpent temple, there's probably one more wee little encounter waiting for you on the other side of Ishad N'ha-ha-ha.... just remember what it says in my sig, 'cause you may well need it
-+-+-+
Old 09-08-2004, 11:48 PM   #18
sgtzack
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok b im going back to the serpent temple for a little more exp and to see how those winglatches work.do you happen to know if hands of time spell works against the jungle lillies?ill be going to the boogre prison soon and the info would be quite helpful.the guide book also says that d'soto gives you the shroud of elsera but i found it in one of two chest near him-i went thru ever word listed to get him to hand it over then i found it in the chests. and they wonder why postal workers go crazy!!!
Old 09-09-2004, 12:34 AM   #19
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Yeah, the guide book sucks

I suppose Hands of Time would work on the salads, but it's always seemed to me to be a waste of mana; for the same cost, you could toss an Icestorm at the things!

What is really fun, if you're not big on the Flamedrop solution, is to Petrify them (Lvl 6 Stone). Then you can move them around like big vegetarian chess pieces all you like!
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:24 AM   #20
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I can't say as I've ever cast Hands of Time. I suppose the salad encounters would be the ideal time to use it...

Just toasted the three mantraps that appear north of the burned-out house tonight. Boy, do I love *storm spells and being able to cast through the trees...
-+-+-+