Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2001, 01:44 PM   #11
Hesperex

Oh GOD! noooo not rabbits ....my sister has 34 of the things I now have a phobia of rabbits

------------------

"The beginning of eternity.
The end of time and space.
The start of every end,
And the end of every place."

Old 08-31-2001, 01:52 PM   #12
Moni

rabbits leave "pellets" everywhere...good luck getting it to use a litterbox if you are going to keep it indoors. They can survive outdoors in high to low temps, just make sure they have plenty of food and water and something they can get into for shelter from rain and snow.
Get it fixed if you can and never keep two un-neutered males unless you keep them in separate cages...one will be the others "bitch" for life, the poor things.
They are great pets and low cost with upkeep. Cute & cuddly and very friendly, I hope you enjoy your new pet!

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 08-31-2001, 02:23 PM   #13
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
I had some rabbits once. Fun pets to have, but they sure can be fisty sometime. And if you have 2 being of diffrent genders, and the female has babys, do not by any means touch it, the baby that is. I suggest you wear some sort of gloves if you are going to be picking it up and down frequently.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

The ranger looked at the place out side of the elven town near the river, he looked near the rocks, then they showed the way to....

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Old 08-31-2001, 02:23 PM   #14
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:

thanks very much. that sounds like something I need to know, yet, how can small tiny little rabbit chomp those things?
Bloody big teeth!

------------------
Old 08-31-2001, 03:03 PM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:

thanks very much. that sounds like something I need to know, yet, how can small tiny little rabbit chomp those things?
They're very cute, but their teeth never stop growing. We were thinking of getting one, but my sister and I are hardly at home and we thought it was unfair to a pet to be cooped up in the apartment by itself.

------------------
Old 08-31-2001, 06:57 PM   #16
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

thank you all, you guys. Memnoch, it is a surprised you would keep a rabbit! I thought your fire aura would generally BBQ them...

and Moni, thanks a lot for the suggestions. I am not getting one for myself but someone else so I have to make sure the little thing lives and easy to feed

well, what name do you think I should give it? I was thinking about something close to 2-Pac...

Old 08-31-2001, 07:08 PM   #17
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Robert Rabbit

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 08-31-2001, 07:09 PM   #18
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

LOL Moni! I love the way you so elequently mentioned the "pellets"!

250 - I've had several rabbits in my lifetime. Only tried the indoor thing once about 8 years ago. Went to pet store around Easter time. Saw many baby bunnies. Saw many signs about petstore saying how easy and carefree it is to have a bunny in an Apartment. Weelllll. I love bunnies. Had a bunch of em as a child, although they were all in rabbit hutches outside. So I bought two, one regular looking one and one mini with those floppy ears? Also bought this big cage with a divider in it for each rabbit (even though I was naive, I wasn't stupid, everyone knows rabbits breed, well, like Rabbits!) Anywho, I was totally stunned at the incredible amount of, errr, "pellets" that said bunnies dropped about when I would let them run around outside of their cages (separately of course). Such a little tiny thing, yet it was like a frikken dispenser of pellets, they just kept going, and going, and going, and.... Gave a whole new meaning to "Energizer Bunny" LOL! Well, I didn't want to give up my baby bunnies just cause of that, so I bought a hand vac (works great for those pellets) As time went by, rabbits grew up. Both were supposed to be miniature rabbits according to the petstore (and I paid extra too!). Well. Regular looking bunny (grey and white) turned out to grow into this huge bunny from HELL! This thing was larger than your normal bunny, must have had jackrabbit or something in it, had huge longass horse nose on it too! Oh she was cute, have no doubt of that, but became for awhile there extremely agressive! I'd open the door in the mornings to pour some food into her dish, and she would lunge at me and take those front paws with huge claws and attack the dish, spilling all of the contents which fell down the holes in the bottom of her cage into the "pellet" tray. Trust me, you didn't want to just put your hand in there! Little brown and black floppy eared bunny turned out to be a mini, but was scared to death of everything (probably cause he lived next door to bunny from HELL and was mentally damaged). One time Bunny from hell chewed our cable TV cord all the way to the wires, surprised the thing didn't zap itself (I shoulda been keeping a keener eye on her). Then once my husband actually bought a bale of hay for it (that was quite a mess in an apartment). Couldn't believe it. This thing bored a 7" hole all the way through the center of that bale of hay in one hour flat! I don't know if you have ever grabbed or touched a bale of hay before, but they are extremely wound tight. Never underestimate the teeth potential of a rabbit! Then, I come home from work one day. Turns out my husband had let bunny from hell out of her cage and had her barricaded in the kitchen (he hated seeing things in cages). Well, we had a towel hanging on the refrigerator door handle. Somehow bunny from Hell had chewed a large hole into the still hanging towel, and got her head stuck through it, and was literally hanging there when I came home. I mean HANGING there, choking, eyes bulging, etc. I saved her I think just in time.

So basically, I have to agree with what everyone has said above. Bunnies are good pets to have, as long as you know what you are getting into!

------------------
Old 08-31-2001, 07:24 PM   #19
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
LOL Moni! I love the way you so elequently mentioned the "pellets"!

250 - I've had several rabbits in my lifetime. Only tried the indoor thing once about 8 years ago. Went to pet store around Easter time. Saw many baby bunnies. Saw many signs about petstore saying how easy and carefree it is to have a bunny in an Apartment. Weelllll. I love bunnies. Had a bunch of em as a child, although they were all in rabbit hutches outside. So I bought two, one regular looking one and one mini with those floppy ears? Also bought this big cage with a divider in it for each rabbit (even though I was naive, I wasn't stupid, everyone knows rabbits breed, well, like Rabbits!) Anywho, I was totally stunned at the incredible amount of, errr, "pellets" that said bunnies dropped about when I would let them run around outside of their cages (separately of course). Such a little tiny thing, yet it was like a frikken dispenser of pellets, they just kept going, and going, and going, and.... Gave a whole new meaning to "Energizer Bunny" LOL! Well, I didn't want to give up my baby bunnies just cause of that, so I bought a hand vac (works great for those pellets) As time went by, rabbits grew up. Both were supposed to be miniature rabbits according to the petstore (and I paid extra too!). Well. Regular looking bunny (grey and white) turned out to grow into this huge bunny from HELL! This thing was larger than your normal bunny, must have had jackrabbit or something in it, had huge longass horse nose on it too! Oh she was cute, have no doubt of that, but became for awhile there extremely agressive! I'd open the door in the mornings to pour some food into her dish, and she would lunge at me and take those front paws with huge claws and attack the dish, spilling all of the contents which fell down the holes in the bottom of her cage into the "pellet" tray. Trust me, you didn't want to just put your hand in there! Little brown and black floppy eared bunny turned out to be a mini, but was scared to death of everything (probably cause he lived next door to bunny from HELL and was mentally damaged). One time Bunny from hell chewed our cable TV cord all the way to the wires, surprised the thing didn't zap itself (I shoulda been keeping a keener eye on her). Then once my husband actually bought a bale of hay for it (that was quite a mess in an apartment). Couldn't believe it. This thing bored a 7" hole all the way through the center of that bale of hay in one hour flat! I don't know if you have ever grabbed or touched a bale of hay before, but they are extremely wound tight. Never underestimate the teeth potential of a rabbit! Then, I come home from work one day. Turns out my husband had let bunny from hell out of her cage and had her barricaded in the kitchen (he hated seeing things in cages). Well, we had a towel hanging on the refrigerator door handle. Somehow bunny from Hell had chewed a large hole into the still hanging towel, and got her head stuck through it, and was literally hanging there when I came home. I mean HANGING there, choking, eyes bulging, etc. I saved her I think just in time.

So basically, I have to agree with what everyone has said above. Bunnies are good pets to have, as long as you know what you are getting into!

LOL LOL LOL that is priceless!!!

thank you very much, I seem to need some a mini bunny, because the one that I am giving the bunny to already had two cats and couple dogs... she probally doesnt want a Hell Bunny

once again, I am grateful for your sharing!
Old 08-31-2001, 07:26 PM   #20
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Robert Rabbit

Winston Bunny... Abraham Bunny... Rabbit Miles... Rabbit Lee... Bunny Clinton... well... Bunnoch, LOL, just kidding