Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-07-2005, 07:24 AM   #51
Szass-Tam
Zhentarim Guard

People are staying pretty calm, which is admirable. The police seem to be doing a good job.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:27 AM   #52
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Szass-Tam:
People are staying pretty calm, which is admirable. The police seem to be doing a good job.
I think its induced by the shock of it all. London is a city that has been plagued by terrorism for a years, but it does nothing to reduce the chill factor when it actually happens. Its been a good while since we actually had a bomb, let alone 6 at once.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:28 AM   #53
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Extremely far fetched to expect it to be because of the Olympics. It's either Al Qaeda or something to do with the G8.
Or both. The eyes of the world are on the UK, the world's press are all here. It's classic Al Queda, closely co-ordinated attacks, transport targetted, no warning given.

In addition huge sections of the security forces are in Scotland for G8.

Donut

[ 07-07-2005, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: Lanesra ]
Lanesra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 07:30 AM   #54
Horatio

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:
It's classic Al Queda, closely co-ordinated attacks, transport targetted, no warning given.
I heard on the radio authorities were actually warned minutes before the first explosion, unfortunately too late to do anything about it. Nothing confirmed however.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:30 AM   #55
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Mobile phone networks are turned off during terrorist threats because phones can be used to trigger bombs.

There is NO report of 90 deaths as yet!

Please don't indulge in idle speculation about casualties and please don't make crass remarks about links to the Olympics. I've been trying to contact family and friends all morning, the olympics rate zero on my mind at the moment.

We are living through this right now, I can hear sirens going past my office every few minutes. Please think before you post.

Donut
I was reporting what CNN said. As USUAL, they always get incorrect statements out. Now all the news networks are throwing out all kinds of 'speculations'.. I wish they would stick to the facts.

Hope everyone is ok! Will keep on this all day.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 07:33 AM   #56
Szass-Tam
Zhentarim Guard

Its too early to start drawing conclusions.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:34 AM   #57
Horatio

More radio news:
The US embassy has been closed off, and the Israeli embassy has been placed under a state of emergency. Make of this what you will.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:34 AM   #58
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
quote:
Originally posted by Aragorn1:
quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Any chance this is to do with London getting the Olympics for 2012? And, as we know, the London Underground was a key component of that bid.

Coincedence that this has been bombed the day after? Depending on the damage, it might have to be moved to a different country.

Like France.
I thought about the olympic bid, but i couldn't think who would do it for that. Maybe the terrorists just chose it to give extra publicity. [/QUOTE]French renegades?

If our Underground is totally destroyed, we will lose the Olympics!

6 Explosions so far...5 on the underground, 1 on the DD Bus.
[/QUOTE]FFS why would the French want to bomb us ? there's a million terrorists out there who hate us!!
This has all the hallmarks of an al Queda attack, probabally linked to the G8 conference, not the pissing olympics. Lets get rational people, please
[/QUOTE]Donut, calm down please. At the moment, we don't know WHO did this. It has the hallmarks of al Queda, yes, but lets wait and see. Like others, I hope it's not the IRA starting up again (dunno much about their current issues, so I can't say).

Hope all is well, and stay safe!!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 07:36 AM   #59
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
The streets are chaos. Reports of people with loss of limbs, I've just seen two blood donor vans go past in the space of about 5 minutes. Nobody knows what to do. Police are encouraging everyone to keep calm, but even they admit its hard to do at this time.
There is no Chaos !, it's all very calm, blood donor vans do not equate to chaos, I would describe the streets as quiet,with confused people wondering how they are going to get anywhere
Lanesra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 07:36 AM   #60
Charlie
Lord Ao

It won't be the IRA. It's not their M.O.
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote