Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2003, 05:42 PM   #11
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

my vote goes to 13 ghost, that movie freaked me out, as for older movies, I think nightmare on elm street, and halloween were scary, the first friday the 13th was kinda scary too, there was one, not really based on those things, that still scares me today, but can not think of the name of it, all I remember was someting about neuclear bombs, and the aftermath [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] you saw people disentergrating, any one remember that one? it was back in the early 80's think I was like 7 or 8 so it was around 83 or 84 :/

[ 10-31-2003, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]
Old 10-31-2003, 05:55 PM   #12
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
my vote goes to 13 ghost, that movie freaked me out, as for older movies, I think nightmare on elm street, and halloween were scary, the first friday the 13th was kinda scary too, there was one, not really based on those things, that still scares me today, but can not think of the name of it, all I remember was someting about neuclear bombs, and the aftermath [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] you saw people disentergrating, any one remember that one? it was back in the early 80's think I was like 7 or 8 so it was around 83 or 84 :/
"The Day After"?
Old 10-31-2003, 06:02 PM   #13
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

"IT" ranks pretty high on my list. As does "The Ring".
Old 10-31-2003, 06:03 PM   #14
Jorath Calar
Harper

Exorsist... I still havn't seen it all because I rented it when I was 17 and watched it alone and had to turn it off because it freaked me out... still havn't dared to see it again... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Also Hellraiser II, it wasn't the movie it self that scared me, not while watching it at least, but I got the scariest nightmares ever after watching it... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2003, 06:09 PM   #15
Boutte
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Exorsist... I still havn't seen it all because I rented it when I was 17 and watched it alone and had to turn it off because it freaked me out... still havn't dared to see it again... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Also Hellraiser II, it wasn't the movie it self that scared me, not while watching it at least, but I got the scariest nightmares ever after watching it... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Exorcist was pretty good but did you see Excorcist 3?
Old 10-31-2003, 06:10 PM   #16
Albromor
Mephistopheles

I have to go with the 1963 classic "The Haunting" as Boutte mentions. Absolutely creepy and down right frightening.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:25 PM   #17
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

It, Omen, Exorcist, The Thing, The Fog, and Jeepers Creepers come to mind. Also, Kevin Costner's Waterworld which is scary for completely different reasons.

What scares you the most? For me, it's the movies that startle me. Unexpected things jumping out get me every time, and I mean every time, even during comedies.

EDIT - I almost forgot Jaws! I didn't swim in the ocean or fantasize about naked women swimming in the ocean for at least two years after that... well the naked women swimming fantasy abstention was more probably more like 2 hours, but you know what I mean. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-31-2003, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 10-31-2003, 06:34 PM   #18
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I found the Burbs terrifying. You know, the one with Tom Hanks. I had visions of the car boot full of bones for days after. I was 10, maybe, when I saw it and it totally freaked me out

I don't watch a lot of scary movies now. Like Ronn, I don't like it when things jump out at you, and I just don't like the feeling of dread I get because I know that at least half the characters are going to die at some point. And I'm not much on gore and gratuitous violence.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:52 PM   #19
Boutte
The Magister

quote Ronn_Bman
What scares you the most? For me, it's the movies that startle me. Unexpected things jumping out get me every time, and I mean every time, even during comedies.
end quote

Yeah buts that's a just a cheap trick, a good scary movie doesn't have to resort to that evert 5 minutes. Same for guts and gore. A good scary movie plays with your base fears and uses them to scare the shit out of you, like in Poltergiest when the clown doll drags the kid under the bed. What kid hasn't been terrified because he just KNOWS there's something under the bed or in the closet?
Old 10-31-2003, 06:53 PM   #20
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

The scariest film I've ever seen is Event Horizon I think. Its not a brilliant film for lots of reasons, but it sure as hell is scary.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe