Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2003, 06:41 AM   #1
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Ok, here we go.
Finally got my ass into gear and made a geocities webpage to store files on. Now, the first song that I've uploaded is the first song we ever wrote. It's ok-ish, nothing revolutionary, reasonably decent recording quality. We recorded an EP about a week or two ago. Five tracks in all, I'll post the rest up as I get the hang of things.

Anyway: Here is Lil' Chuck' .
The story behind it is that our guitarist and bassist were at the supermarket and saw this grinning, beaming kid on a packet of nappies ('diapers' for you Americans [img]smile.gif[/img] ) who just looked like he would grow up to be the captain of the football team/all american hero. They named him Lil' Chuck and we wrote a song about him. It follows his sordid tale as he leaves the magnificence of his high-school career and spirals down into a cocaine-fueled tailspin of oblivion. Hope you like it [img]smile.gif[/img]

edit: you have to right-click the link and 'save target as' to download it.

[ 10-22-2003, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]
Old 10-22-2003, 06:48 AM   #2
The Hierophant

Ok, uploaded another one. This one is called Third Degree Burns . It's a fair bit heavier than Lil' Chuck (the Phil Anselmo vocals Melusine ) and always great fun to play live. It's just about all sorts of cliched anti-conformist angst. Blah blah blah.

And - Fat n' Sassy Which is slightly...um...'sassier'. It's about a guy that can't 'get his mojo on in the bedroom' knowhatimsayin? [img]smile.gif[/img] Anyway, he finds out that most of his problems are caused by his constant alcohol and drug abuse. Not entirely based upon life experience...

Again - the right click and 'save target as' applies [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-22-2003, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]
Old 10-22-2003, 06:57 AM   #3
Melusine
Dracolisk

Cool, Aaron! Just downloaded them.... hang on while I listen....
Anyway how did you record the tracks?
So far singing sounds cool [img]smile.gif[/img] It's not really the type of music I listen to (any more) but I'll listen to the whole two songs and tell you what I think.

The third one doesn't download for me.... can't find it.

[ 10-22-2003, 06:59 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 10-22-2003, 07:09 AM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

Hey, I like the singing in Lil Chuck!! Is that you??? Man, I didn't expect singing like that [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] The lines are a bit Patton-esque aren't they? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2003, 07:11 AM   #5
The Hierophant

Hmmm, yeah, the third track is screwed. I'l fix it up soon enough.
Oh, VERY IMPORTANT-: please DO NOT seriously critique the songs [img]smile.gif[/img] We're just a drunken live band and arn't really intending to make anything amazing here [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, we recorded the tracks at the University music facilities. Our friend Stu, who has a bit of studio experience, recorded and mixed for us (for free too! We got him a really nice bottle of bourbon [img]smile.gif[/img] ) and we mastered the tracks at the student radio station studios. All in all, it's a rush job. We did the whole thing over a couple of days. Dave, our bassist, had to have the whole thing done and ready to sell by the 15th of October as part of his music degree [img]smile.gif[/img] The release gig went really well. Hell of alot of fun. Got lots of our 'friend' bands to come and play. Plus the campus bar we played at had cheap drink deals on. It was pretty gnarly.
Old 10-22-2003, 07:15 AM   #6
The Hierophant

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
The lines are a bit Patton-esque aren't they? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Oh please, you soil the name of our heavenly messiah [img]smile.gif[/img]

btw: another one up: Poultry in Motion . This is about a battery hen that escapes the battery compound and heads out into the world. After being beaten around in his newfound freedom he discovers that intimidation and battery-farm racketeering are all he knows so he sets up his own battery slave compound. Subsequently, ANOTHER chicken devises a marxist uprising and overthrows the evil chicken and they all live happily ever after. We smoked ALOT of ganja as we wrote this one
Old 10-22-2003, 07:16 AM   #7
Melusine
Dracolisk

I wasn't planning on any serious criticism

Just wondered about the recording because the drums in the Third Degree Burns track have a bit of a 'swimming hall' effect (on the toms mostly)
Hey, I like the cleaner singing in both tracks! Screaming is easier (as demonstrated by the zillions of horrid little underground death metal bands ) but the more melodious singing is really nice, wasn't expecting it!
Sounds fine to me all in all mate [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit:
Aww, I wouldn't spoil Mikey's name But you have to admit it sounds like you listened well to his singing before recording that track. Just accept it as a compliment! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-22-2003, 07:17 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 10-22-2003, 07:20 AM   #8
Grojlach
Zartan

The site seems to be offline right now.
Old 10-22-2003, 07:23 AM   #9
dplax
Jack Burton

The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer

Maybe a lot of pople are interested?

Old 10-22-2003, 07:24 AM   #10
The Hierophant

Ok, last song: (but i'm yet to fix up Fat n' Sassy) The Customer is Always Right . Don't ask me about the song title. I hate it, but it's just the name that stuck. Anyways, it's basically a tribute to Michael Douglas' performance in 'Falling Down'.