Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-19-2003, 06:00 AM   #21
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Night Stalker:
This is just a general request. I know that people don't intend offense for posting it. But can we refrain from posting exploitive type pieces from or about the war, at least here in GD?

When I heard that the BBC were airing this expose on Sunday I wanted to post about it here but decided not to because of the ban on discussing the war here.

Can I ask a question? Is the ban on discussing the Iraq war, or on discussing any American foreign policy or on all political discussion or just a blanket ban on discussing serious subjects.

Can we have some guidelines Dan?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 05-19-2003, 06:18 AM   #22
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

BTW - how lucky that she doesn't remember!
Very lucky indeed, Donut - especially if the BBC is "exaggerating the facts" just a bit.

Could it be even remotely possible that Jessica Lynch doesn't remember this incident because it never actually happened???

Also, the article itself pointed out that the soldiers who reportedly fired on the ambulance did not know that Pfc Lynch was within the ambulance. It also pointed out that U.S. troops did NOT know the Fedayeen had fled the hospital the day before.

As was said before, let's ALL try to keep an open mind.
Old 05-19-2003, 06:47 AM   #23
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
quote:

BTW - how lucky that she doesn't remember!
Very lucky indeed, Donut - especially if the BBC is "exaggerating the facts" just a bit.

Could it be even remotely possible that Jessica Lynch doesn't remember this incident because it never actually happened???

Which bit did not happen? I think that is the reporters point [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Also, the article itself pointed out that the soldiers who reportedly fired on the ambulance did not know that Pfc Lynch was within the ambulance. It also pointed out that U.S. troops did NOT know the Fedayeen had fled the hospital the day before.

I am 100% sure they (the soldiers on the ground) did not know she was in there. but if the US higher authority's knew why did they not get a message out. Having said that it was a war and I think that even allowing that some people knew, no blame should be attached to the soldiers in the firing line.

As was said before, let's ALL try to keep an open mind.

yes we should, and lets start by not muddying the waters on the BBC / FOX ethics. Getting to the truth is the all important issue. IMO the Allies did a great job over all in telling the truth *when it could* and this helped people keep faith in the pentagon. If another war is fought tomorrow then it is important that the public can trust the armed forces.[/QUOTE]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 05-19-2003, 08:34 AM   #24
MagiK

I read the article...I did not see any mention of any quotes from the doctor who helped engineer her escape..just information from some other doctor who claims this and that...X-rays? Medical charts? Lab results? Nope no evidence...just one guys word and he conveniently has no documentation to back himself up......so since it makes the US look bad...lets report it as fact....*sigh*...errr arent we verbotten from posting war stuff here in GD?

Old 05-19-2003, 08:44 AM   #25
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
I read the article...I did not see any mention of any quotes from the doctor who helped engineer her escape..just information from some other doctor who claims this and that...X-rays? Medical charts? Lab results? Nope no evidence...just one guys word and he conveniently has no documentation to back himself up......so since it makes the US look bad...lets report it as fact....*sigh*...errr arent we verbotten from posting war stuff here in GD?
And if Jessica herself were to deny the story, the doctor can just give her a patronizing smile and say "Of course you don't remember it, dear. That's a result of the amnesia."

Good job of planned CYA.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:15 AM   #26
Donut
Jack Burton

Weel I watched the programme yesterday and I have to say it made quite a compelling case. The witnesses were very credible. I'm not sure what the doctors have to gain by lying.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 05-19-2003, 09:19 AM   #27
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Well I was not aware of any restrictions being imposed on GD forum or that another forum was being created. I note that Memnoch did not mention this.

I hope it is wrong, but there was something smelly about the story at the time and I would like the truth to be outed. We need to be able to trust the armed forces. if it is false the pentagon will be be seen as prim and proper AND trustworthy. if not then it should get a kick up the arse. Why does everyone have a problem with that? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

[ 05-19-2003, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: wellard ]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 05-19-2003, 09:32 AM   #28
MagiK

I agree Wellard, the truth should come out...I thought it was weird that they kept saying she was shot...then saying no she was stabbed....

Anyway..I had a fairly innocent thread locked by Z because it was abotu the irAqi people....and was told no war related threads in GD....

Old 05-19-2003, 09:35 AM   #29
MagiK

Quote:
Weel I watched the programme yesterday and I have to say it made quite a compelling case. The witnesses were very credible. I'm not sure what the doctors have to gain by lying.
They have PR to gain [img]smile.gif[/img] Not saying they are lying, just that they could be anti-western muslims who believe that infidels should be discredited at all times....sort of like baghdad Bob would do.

It would be more credible the doctor (if he was the one charge of her care) would produce her charts and medical records......he should have easy access to them...

Old 05-19-2003, 09:41 AM   #30
Davros
Takhisis Follower

The TRUTH - YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH......

Sorry Wellard - I got caught up in my Jack Nicholson impression [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think most people would want to know the truth Wellard, but I am guessing that with any controversial topic like this there will be some minds that are happy to stay "made up" and don't want to know no different.

I don't know what the truth is yet (and I hope I do someday), so I think it would be most unfair to be judgemental on those that wish to defend their version of the truth. By the same token, it would be equally unfair of those doing the defending to attack someone for searching for the truth.

As far as personal opinion goes, I think there were credibility issues with the "official story" - not so many that I believe it warranted pointing the finger, but enough for me to want to know more.