Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-28-2001, 06:34 AM   #1
Sigmar
Unicorn

So why did you pick your user-name and if you had the chance what would you change it to.

------------------
"It dosn't matter whether you believe in reincarnation. The point is, does reincarnation believe in you?
Sigmar, member of clan HADB.
Old 08-28-2001, 07:02 AM   #2
Lord Shield

Lord Shield was a long-running character I had who became an Old One -he was originally meant to BE me, but during the game went insane/healed a few times and is somewhat different now

I have another username - Fortuna Freeman (on 2 other boards) - he is another Old One and was Lord Shield's mentor

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site

Old 08-28-2001, 07:22 AM   #3
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Because I love the colour azure and I love wolves!
Plus an Azurewolf was a fictional monster in a story I wrote
I think of it as my good luck charm as that was my first story to get published in a magazine

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 08-28-2001, 08:32 AM   #4
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

My username comes from my callsign in a game called Jumpgate which I used to beta test a while ago. That was where the original Sharpedge was born. Unfortunatley, since I don't live in the USA, I'm no longer permited to beta test on the server there. However, if you live in the US and like space simulators and online games then I recomend you give it a go. They're still in beta phase so it's all free!

I regret using Sharpedge on this board as it sounds kinda silly when used in the context of general conversation (which is why I prefer Sharp or 'Sharpy'), but if I changed it I've no idea what I would change it to. So I guess Sharpedge it is...

------------------
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
Old 08-28-2001, 08:33 AM   #5
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I dont really know.. A lot of thinking led from one thing to another.
Its pretty much what I think about..my life and the things in my lifetime..so maybe I picked it to remind myself of well..myself..
Sorry if it didnt make any sense..

------------------
Resident Lurker Guy
Old 08-28-2001, 11:13 AM   #6
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

*deep breath*

My name came through a culmination of poor interpretation of my name, and its similarity to a footballers, which resulted in a shortlived nickname which i adopted as my alter ego.

What would I change it to? Hmm, yet another short lived nickname:
The Ninja Wombat

------------------
THE PUFF RETURNS!
Old 08-28-2001, 01:34 PM   #7
Istaron
Banned User

Weell. There is a game called Utopia on the web, wich I am playing. In the ninth age of it, I was going to play as a mage, and was desperate after a name. When there was two days left until the age would start, I learned that if you added the elvish word for wizard (istar) with the ending -on, you would get the word Great Wizard... well, the name has just been with me ever since.

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 08-28-2001, 01:52 PM   #8
domingo
Zhentarim Guard

First used my nickname on the original diablo .... kinda stuck with me though ..... I guess its being able to say "My name is Domingo Montoya you killed my father prepare to die" that keeps me goin ..... sorry for the bad movie referance but I just couldn't help myself,

If I could change it I would probably use GBum ... short for greasy bum .... kind of an inside joke nickname I have w/ some friends at work ...... from a time when lets just say , I had to use the restroom more than once a day ..... its great for its shock value ...
Old 08-28-2001, 01:52 PM   #9
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

well I WAS adam mage long time ago... I named myself after RP character at W&W PC game
THEN I decided to name myself after my favorite comic book character....

If I had a chance to change it... it might be either Ly'men (after the common drow character I just created), maybe Warlock (but it means 'betrayer'), or just hclark (parts from my full name I use at other sites)

*shrugs* right now I'll stick with adam warlock

------------------

get away from my homepage
Old 08-28-2001, 02:12 PM   #10
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Came from my old days of playing Middle Earth Role Playing (MERP). I was one of those horse-riders guys -time to go and reread Tolkien - and I needed a strong name that sounded mean and noble... Ryanamur (it sounds better in French...Ree-ah-na-mur)

This nickname followed me eversince ... and no, my name is not Ryan Amur

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 08-28-2001).]