Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2001, 07:18 PM   #1
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

well people, im curious. ive been told that i have high standards, but i never had anything to compare them against. so please, guys, post your prefrences here! and ladies, feel free to post as well! im interested to see what all of you like, so that i can come up with a few conclusions (yes, i may be a mad scientist...)

i'll start and give mine...
i like someone who's smart, nice, and compassionate. i dont really care for much in the looks department, as long as they're not a complete eyesore. but also, a ditzy supermodel isnt up my alley either... someone to talk to is nice, as well.

how bout you?

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-03-2001, 07:27 PM   #2
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I enjoy looking at physical beauty, male and female - but I have no desire to get to know people better on the basis of looks.

I look for kindness in a face, and laughter lines, and eyes that smile even when the mouth is not. I like intelligence, and ease of conversation. Someone who is both laid-back and practical. Physically beautiful people tend to rely on their looks at the expense of those qualities, so 'good looks' are definitely WAY down on my list.

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-03-2001, 07:31 PM   #3
Epona
Zartan

Compassion is very attractive. Looks are nothing, really.
Intelligence and wit are also important, as is the ability to smile and laugh.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-03-2001, 07:31 PM   #4
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Looks are so subjective. I wouldn't go for someone I found physically repulsive, but what I find attractive may not be what others find attractive. So I would say, I have to find them attractive, as well as kind, sense of humour, reasonably intelligent, reasonably ambitious, not too uptight (I'll be the anxious one), and like animals.

------------------

Goddess of Undress
Co-owner of the Evil Petting Zoo and Sorceress of the HADB
OLD COOTS eye candy and Disrobed Division of the ORT
And her sidekick Pink

"High hopes...an endless river...forever and ever"
Old 10-03-2001, 07:47 PM   #5
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

Real HOT, and nice and smart! But.....I must find out why girls dont like this lord of evil......

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

Old 10-03-2001, 07:53 PM   #6
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
well people, im curious. ive been told that i have high standards, but i never had anything to compare them against. so please, guys, post your prefrences here!
Hmm... Trees are nice. Very good for peeing.... You may scoff, but these things are important to cheetahs!

------------------

Most Ecstatic Mistress of the Exotic and Illuminated Mango
Old 10-03-2001, 08:06 PM   #7
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I like people who are understanding, modest and helpful.

[Intelligence and potential (ie, can picture a high-flying career ahead of them) used to be crucial, but I have discovered that sometimes, these can be double-edged swords.]

These days, I think anything goes as long as the person is able to express himself/herself reasonably and justify his/her position.

Looks-wise, pleasant features will suffice.
Old 10-03-2001, 08:26 PM   #8
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Intelligence, Intelligence, Intelligence! The three most critical things I look for in a woman Good looks will last only so long, but eventually you will have to talk to this person...and trust me you will talk much more than anything else, so go for an intelligent, well-rounded, articulate person.

I was at the bar for a going away party for a co-worker last night. Near the end of the night there were about 8 of us left (5 guys, 3 gals) and we started talking about attractive co-workers (a very dangerous subject especially while drinking ) but my 'top 3' were all different than the other 4 guys...they all picked the 3 most physically attractive at least to them, but for me an 'intelligent and eloquent' look is much more attractive!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 10-03-2001, 09:06 PM   #9
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

for girl: affectionate (this drives me crazy, edit: this DRIVES ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!!!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGH), understanding, listening, caring, loving, beautiful (not facial, but... the feeling that I have when I just look at her)

for male: boldness, compassionate, crazy is allowed, good heart a must, mean manner in a friendly and fun way, gentle, selflessness, courageous

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-03-2001).]
Old 10-03-2001, 10:36 PM   #10
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

If a knight were to walk the earth today, he would be my dream. Yes, I am looking for the entire package.

The strong, handsome, mysterious poet who will sweep me from the ground onto his steed.( or at least motorcycle )

I love the warriors, the special forces soldier, the firefighter who has just finished rescueing a family...OK, I'm completely on the side of Bonnie Tyler when she sang of 'Holding Out for a Hero'.

I HAVE been known to be sidetracked by the handsome poet, or the bad boy rebel, though.

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)

[This message has been edited by Liliara (edited 10-03-2001).]