Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2001, 02:12 AM   #1
Jorj
Welcomed New User

I can't seem to complete this stupid thing, but I have before with a good party (evil seems so much better)...

I'm in the graveyard and have slaughtered all the vamps, downstairs and up and back again... I've gone back and forth so many times I'm going crazy. I've staked two of the coffins in the top floor (top right & left coffins), but I don't seem to have the ability to stake the bottom most one (Lassal's?)... I even got so desparate I put a stake in every member of my partys backpack and of course it didn't help.

Any ideas? What might I have missed? I went so far as to get Edwin and Korgan in my party and did their little offshoot quests down in the southern crypts, but it does nothing for this section...

Very bunk...

is this a bug?

Thx...

Jorj
Old 03-12-2001, 02:16 AM   #2
PSI_NoVa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

excatly....there is no way to stake Lassal's coffin at the bottom floor....there is excatly 3 coffins at the top floor.....one one the left, the other on the right and the one at the bottom. they are all in the same room.... try moving your cursor around the coffin u can't hit until an attack sword appear.....hope that help

[This message has been edited by PSI_NoVa (edited 03-12-2001).]
Old 03-12-2001, 02:40 AM   #3
Jorj
Welcomed New User

That's what i mean... in that one room in the top floor, out of the three coffins I can only spike two of 'em. I'm getting a little annoyed at not being able to find that stupid swordy w/my mouse, obviously. I've gone so far doing all the side-missions hoping that when I came back to the graveyard in hopes it would work then, but alas no... I've even completed the entire wizards stronghold quests, umar hills, windspear hills, trademeet, sewers, astral plane, you name it... and now without being able to pass this stupid spike-a-coffin glitch, I can't move on to the assylum! ACKH!

;(

J.
Old 03-12-2001, 03:00 AM   #4
Nostron
Manshoon

i never heard of a bug like this so i don't think it is. but just in case try this. leave the graveyard and sleep then comeback again and sometimes enemies (vampires) that wasn't there before appear. so try it out before u start over.
Old 03-12-2001, 05:58 AM   #5
dafan

strange bug...are you sure you havn't allready done that and almost killed Bodhi??

------------------
My strength and honor
for king and country
Old 03-12-2001, 09:31 AM   #6
Gray Mage
Banned User

It sounds to me like another vampire is still running around. I would suggest looking around some more, boring and tedious but necesary, I think.

------------------

Feel My Power

Arcane Adept of the OHF, "So let it be written, So let it be done"
Old 03-12-2001, 11:50 AM   #7
Jorj
Welcomed New User

I've been searching through the tombs many many times now... upstairs, downstairs, southern tombs (why not), spiked trapland with the red pool of blood in the middle (thank god for healing spells)... you name it, I've been double and tripple checking everything I can think of. I've clicked on that bloody coffin so many times I'm suprised it doesn't have a permanent cursor etched into it and my characters name engraved into the headboard. I've left the graveyard and talked to the big theifman and all he tells me is not to waste time (although I have - bigtime)...

I have done a ton of side-quests to keep myself occupied, thinking that for some reason that one of them is a prerequisite to completing this mission... but I always go back to the graveyard after a while and redo the search for vamps in the tombs. I'm on day 37 (I've done the entire mage stronghold quests)!

I may just end up redoing the game again... maybe I'll try reloading from and old save if I can find one that predates this quest, but that's a LOT of work on other side-quests to waste.

Bah!
Old 03-12-2001, 01:29 PM   #8
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Check the exits.

I once killed Lassal and wasn't fast enough in staking his coffin. He met me on my way out of the tombs. I needed to kill him again, and stake his coffin again.

I hope this is it. He's got to be around there somewhere.

------------------
"The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive." Job: A Comedy of Justice