Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2001, 04:05 PM   #1
Nebuchedrezzar

i want to play as a cleric/something multiclass and i was wonderinf which is the most effective or interesting combintaion like mage/cleric theif/cleric fighter/cleric etc i have also heard that the ranger cleric is quite goood

Old 01-07-2001, 05:01 PM   #2
Kevin Nash

They're all valid options.

I usually play Multiplayer games so I make my party instead of picking up endless NPC's. I recommend a Dwarven Fighter/Cleric, or a Half-Elf Cleric/Mage. If you want to make a cleric/thief I recommend using a human thief from the beginning of the game, then maxing out whatever thief skills you want (find traps/open locks?) then right when you start the game immediately dual class over to a cleric.

Just remember that you'll usually need at least one designated combat healer. If you're using a tanking cleric then you'll probably need a casting cleric as well. My Dwarven fighter/cleric is great but healing during combat isn't very efficient for him. For those who care my current multiclass party is:

Human Cavalier - Tank
Dwarven Fighter/Cleric - Tank and Post Combat Healing
Human Thief/Cleric - Caster, Backup Tank, Find Traps/Open Locks
Human Invoker - Caster.

That party works pretty well for me. I pick up NPC's usually only if they are essential for questing.

Old 01-08-2001, 01:23 AM   #3
Tobbin
Red Dragon

This also basically boils down to how you want to play the character as well. If you choose a Ranger/Cleric, you will be able to pull from druidic spells as well, giving you more healing than a regular fighter/cleric. Plus, they will get the higher level druidic spells too. Some of those are just too good to pass up. But if you want a good TANK, then you just gotta go with fighter/cleric. They just get too many proficiencies that will help take down an enemy. I like using Sanctuary with my Ranger/Cleric though. That lets him walk up to whoever he wants without being targeted, and then getting the first attack.