Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2002, 05:57 PM   #11
SecretMaster
Apophis

That was some game last night. Spiezo, Salmon, and Eckstein really did great though, happy they won.
Old 10-28-2002, 06:39 PM   #12
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathbringer:
I have a question about baseball. Last night I watched my first ever match. (it was the decider between Angles and the Giants). Anyway.. I noticed that when the Angles won, they were crowned 'WORLD champions' [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] Did other countries compete? If not, surely they mean 'American champions'.
Hey, man, there are all of two Canadian teams vying for it too
Old 10-29-2002, 03:46 AM   #13
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

The Angels beat the Yankees... duh. They are the World Series Champs... hehehe meaning whoever beats the Yankees are the World Series Champs... hehehe [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Yankees forever!
Old 10-29-2002, 03:59 AM   #14
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

I hate to say it...But the world serries just isnt the same with out the Yankees.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 10-29-2002, 04:01 AM   #15
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Finally....some people with some common sense.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:14 AM   #16
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Finally....some people with some common sense.
Mind you, I dont follow baseball at all

I just feel obligated to watch the World Serries because its sopousedly (I know not spelt right at all [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) Americas favorite pass time. I think we should change it to hockey just to piss Canada off

Edit: Man I really need to stop posting late at night.

[ 10-29-2002, 04:37 AM: Message edited by: Iron_Ranger ]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 10-29-2002, 09:03 AM   #17
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathbringer:
I have a question about baseball. Last night I watched my first ever match. (it was the decider between Angles and the Giants). Anyway.. I noticed that when the Angles won, they were crowned 'WORLD champions' [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] Did other countries compete? If not, surely they mean 'American champions'.
If only American teams play then how could the winner be crowned 'WORLD champs'?

Oh and cya Lioness.
Shuuuush Deathbringer - don't say that too loudly, or someone over there might catch on - I mean, seriously, what would such a dire move do to the merchndising take. Pish and tosh - how can you expect to sell American Champion T-shirts in such a competitive market as there is today