Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2001, 05:25 AM   #11
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
I'd say all those dates sound optimistic. The game hasn't gone gold yet, and until that happens Bioware cannot commit to a shipdate. Their ORIGINAL commitment was always the end of June but I think it will be sooner than that, they are apparently very, very close.

Patience! You enjoy something more when you have to wait and drool for it.

Are you sure it's not gold? I called the local store and checked the web site and they told me they will have it on 6-5. I suppose it could be wrong, but if it is I will go into a fit of depression. I have been waiting for so long!

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 06-02-2001, 05:47 AM   #12
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
Are you sure it's not gold? I called the local store and checked the web site and they told me they will have it on 6-5. I suppose it could be wrong, but if it is I will go into a fit of depression. I have been waiting for so long!

GRRRRRRR....they just want you deposits and accrue that to their revenue in the first half of the year!!!! (j/k)
I checked with the local EB in Toronto yesterday, they seem to be confident regarding the 6th. Oh well, I was hoping end of May initially.....

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-02-2001, 06:30 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:

I've been checking the news everywhere and I'm sure it's not gold yet. I've also pre-ordered it from Interplay, getting them to Fedex it down to me here in Sydney, and no word of shipping. But I'm sure it's very close.

------------------
Old 06-02-2001, 06:40 AM   #14
Lady Nightshade
The Magister

EB's site says
Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal
(Pre-Order, Ships On 06/05/2001)
Price: $29.99
Category: PC Games
ESRB Rating: Rating Pending

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/scripts/texis.exe/ebprod

and babbages says

Baldurs Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal Expansion Pack
Price: $29.99 Publisher: Interplay Platform: PC
Availability: Pre-Release
ETA: 6/5/2001

http://www.babbages.com/

so i am guessing next week sometime
Old 06-02-2001, 07:30 AM   #15
Drake
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Visceris:
I have heard June 1, June 25, June 6, June 34, and June this and June that. Its coming out on JUNE people, is that good enough!

Um... sorry, to much caffiene.
June 34!! wow Bioware would have to be very talented to do that.

------------------

Drake A.K.A. bocaj
Old 06-02-2001, 01:17 PM   #16
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

I guess you're right Memnoch, have to drool awhile. I went on Interplay's site and it says if you pre-order, you get a free gift, but it really doesn't say what it is. I am tempted to pre-order, but then don't know if I'll be sorry and it will be in the stores long before I receive it from Interplay.

------------------

Seeker of Truth
Old 06-02-2001, 06:44 PM   #17
Epona
Zartan

Yeah, how many times have games been due for release and then 'slipped'?
Happens all the time, I won't believe it until I see it on the shelf. (a month after everyone else )

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 06-02-2001, 07:03 PM   #18
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

You know, I was walking by my local EB, 5 days before the announced release date of BG2. I step inside, and they were unpacking the box. The first time it's ever happened to me, but it DID happen... I got the game early. So, I'm hoping that it won't be late...

------------------
Old 06-03-2001, 02:27 AM   #19
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

what?!?! this june?!?! i just uninstalled my bg2 and i still dont have enough money!!!

------------------

You know what happened. We are ONE, WE ARE, ahh.. er... I AM ...wehehehe and... Stay ahead of the Avalanche or risk being buried...
Old 06-03-2001, 03:11 AM   #20
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Avalon:
I guess you're right Memnoch, have to drool awhile. I went on Interplay's site and it says if you pre-order, you get a free gift, but it really doesn't say what it is. I am tempted to pre-order, but then don't know if I'll be sorry and it will be in the stores long before I receive it from Interplay.

LOL you open the box and 2 things fall out. A tootsie roll and note saying "thank you for pre-ordering and enjoy your tootsie roll!"