Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 11-19-2003, 09:43 AM   #1
Rokenn
Galvatron

Got it and watched it last night. The extra scenes were great! I especially liked the flashback with Denethor, Boromir and Faramir after the taking of Osgilith. It actually makes the latter scenes where Faramir deviates from the Book a bit more understandable and not seem like he has an alien brain slug.

For a 223 minute movie it went by way too fast!
Old 11-20-2003, 11:49 PM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

makes me now want to get it. i saw the first extended version. its great!

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 07:30 AM   #3
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

I would love to get the full extended trillogy when it comes out. Now that would be good, and to watch it in sequence all in one sitting, well obiousley given breaks but it would be great. I hope eventually over hear they have a movie marathon of all three movies, extended or not still would be great on a big screen.
Intrepid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 08:13 AM   #4
Thoran
Galvatron

Watched the extended version last night... the origonal TTT was great, but this version is SOOOOO much better! The only thing missing that would've made it PERFECT is Tom Bombadil (although they did give Treebeard a couple of Tom's lines). The extension added more to TTT than it did for FotR IMO. There were a couple characters who's actions make more sense now. Faramir was probably the biggest benefactor of the extension... his character is far deeper now than it was before, arguably even deeper than he was in the book (not nearly as one dimensional). They added in the march of the trees (a little thing but I was annoyed they'd cut it). It's almost like they took a movie that was good but incomplete and finished it off.

MUST buy for any Tolkien fan... if you bought the normal version than you're just going to have to suck it up and cough up another 25 bucks to get this one too.

ONE MONTH TO GO... the stair to Cirith Ungol and Shelob's lair is looming closer by the minute!

[ 11-21-2003, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: Thoran ]
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 08:20 AM   #5
OB1 Kenobi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I also loved the extended version. I held out buying the theatrical version and now im glad I did. Only thing im a little peeved about is that unlike the extended edition of FoTR which had a preview of TTT on it the extended edition of TTT doesn't have a preview of ROTK or at least I haven't found one yet.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:47 AM   #6
Link
Jack Burton

I thought they did put something from Tom Bombadil (not only Treebeard's lines) in the movie, as some sort of hommage to him in the books? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] I'm looking forward to RotK!! [img]smile.gif[/img] The end of the BEST fantasy based movie sequence ever!
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 10:08 AM   #7
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by OB1 Kenobi:
Only thing im a little peeved about is that unlike the extended edition of FoTR which had a preview of TTT on it the extended edition of TTT doesn't have a preview of ROTK or at least I haven't found one yet.
I was disappointed by this as well. They atleast could have included the theatrical trailer, oh well

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
I thought they did put something from Tom Bombadil (not only Treebeard's lines) in the movie, as some sort of hommage to him in the books?
The sequence that Thoran alluded to includes 'old man willow' trying to eat Pippen and Merry. That is were Treebeard gets to channel Tom [img]smile.gif[/img]

While I was watching it with my sweetie we had to pause a few times for bathroom breaks and she commented that everytime we froze the movie it looks like a painting. Simply awesome work by Mister Jackson, I can't wait for ROTK!

[ 11-21-2003, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: Rokenn ]
Old 11-21-2003, 12:18 PM   #8
Svaerdhelgon
The Magister

Darn, I seem to be the only one that dislikes the movies
I think they´re slaughter of the books, I like the books to much to be objective when watching the movie
Jackson should have continued making Braindead movies(or the like)
Svaerdhelgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 01:26 PM   #9
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Argh, it was supposed to come out on the 18th here, but it has been delayed because something went wrong with the machines that print the covers... So now I have to wait till the 26th.
Old 11-22-2003, 07:39 PM   #10
Lavindathar
Harper

<font color="cyan">I have to admit Faramir did gain the most, the scene with Denathor is incredible, the favourtism to Boromir etc.

The scene with Old Man Willow is a great comical addition (3ft 8.... ) to the movie as well as explaining the habits of Fangorn more...

Another addition is the funny scene where Legalos and Gimli total their kills, with Gimli's central nervous system line...great!

Also where the forest finally gets all the orcs...another great insight into Fangorn.

And finally, the scene where Merry and Pippin finally find "old toby". Cracking!!!
</font>